Super Contributor

Re: Barclays dropped my limit

@Shogun wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

17 is best according to TMWC.

no, its 16 days.

I hit the luv button when baller tells me to.  lol

LMAO!!  As soon as I see it in approvls, thats what I do too! and this last time it worked!! Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 37
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

a little over 12+ which is extreme lol. they gave me back my limit but said, "you do realize some people will never open that many cards in their life"? Yes, I understand that. I wouldnt worry about AA unless you do some extreme things. even then, if you can tell them about it, they do have good escalted csr's. 

no...21 in 3 months is extreme..Id say Im the only person whose pushed the Barclays AA envelope, and succeeded, LOLSmiley Happy (knock on wood) Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 37
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Should I be worried? I recently got 2k discover CLI, 4k boa CLI and a new citi credit card. Ughhh

NO.  

Message 33 of 37
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my Barclays card some time ago and they started me out with a limit of 1,000. Then maybe two months later they dropped it from 1,000 to 800.  Needless to say I called adn they told me that due to them pulling my credit they decided to dropped the limit. I asked them if they would move it back up if my credit improves...they said they will look at it from time to time. It just seems that they dropped it pretty easy..but won't raise it with ease. My question is, what would the likely hood of them closing my account if they don't see my credit at a certain level? Do other credit companies do this as well? I have Chase IGH, Citi, Discover Capital One..which are my biggies..I hope that they don't do the same thing.

Theres a misnomer re: CLDs and card issuers and its a situation that has become more relevant sans financial crisis...

First there are those even with pristine credit who hav seen their credit deteriorate (even if marginally). Its no longer a simple matter of responsibly paying bills on time, PIF, keeping balances and/or UTIL low etc. I've seen 30 40 & even 50k CLs dropped (like a rock) without warning. Those who hav a history of wise credit management are no longer immune from AA. Here's whats oing on:

Lenders/creditors are no longer adhering/prescribing to traditional standards of determining creditworthiness (as those mentioned above). They are utilizing intangible (or as I prefer to more accurately describe it... HIDDEN) criteria. U are now being judged based upon 'generic' factors that categorize u as a risk even when your profile historically has shown few if any blemishes.

First the more obvious thing taking place is that creditors hav been reassessing their own risk tolerance - but now this includes things such as... what part of the country U live in. From there its broken down n2 what state U live in which is then further broken down into what city/town u live in and yes... what neighborhod as well. What is the median income for said geographic location? What type & how much spending takes place there? What is the overall health of the housing market in said area? Whats the demographic of residents and whats the depression/foreclosure rate in relation to overall market value? And even sex and race factor in.

So while CLDs/AAs are more commonplace for things such as inactivity, late payments etc. - in cases where none of these more obvious traits exist U are now also being 'silently' targeted for things u wouldnt necessarily knowingly concern yourself with. I've seen this happen often esp. in areas experiencing gentrification and areas having expereinced marginal growth and as a result hav been targeted as high-risk. And current data is often slow to update when areas hav seen improvement.

And the things mentioned above that are being targeted are just a few items - theres a laundry list of things lenders are now looking at. Trust, theres going to be much more discussion on this issue as ppl become more aware of whats been taking place. Theres a saying when U think ppl arent looking thats when U can be most certain you're being watched. Good credit still has significance obviously but just understand that even your best efforts are no longer a guarantee that u wont one day find your credit having been significantly reduced despite doing all of the 'so-called' right things. And u may be clueless as to why. Theres much more to consider but for now...

Take nothing for granted. NEVER assume and try not to view things superficially. I've learned that all the real goings on in life.... take place mainly behinds the scenes.

Message 34 of 37
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I guess we just have to stop worrying and leave it up to the credit Gods.

(easier said than done)
Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

no, its 16 days.

408 hours per your post on the other site. Smiley Tongue

Almost makes me regret shredding my It offer yesterday...almost. Discover is still least useable at the places I visit (even less than Amex). 16 day CLI's are crazy!

Excuse me peeps but I thought this was a thread about the Barclay card  and not Discover's CLIs. Smiley Wink

Message 36 of 37
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

no, its 16 days.

408 hours per your post on the other site. Smiley Tongue

Almost makes me regret shredding my It offer yesterday...almost. Discover is still least useable at the places I visit (even less than Amex). 16 day CLI's are crazy!

Excuse me peeps but I thought this was a thread about the Barclay card  and not Discover's CLIs. Smiley Wink

I can see how you could make that mistake. 

But check the original post, they also mentioned their Discover card, and were concerned about the credit limits, particularly about them going down. Mentioning that it is currently easy to make the Discover card limit go UP, is in fact on topic.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.