cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays flat out denied me!

Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!

You ALWYAS recon with Barclays.  Whether it's for approval on a denial or a higher CL on an approval.  Always call them.

Message 11 of 20
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!

UPDATE: i recon with them twice and got the same answer from two different CSR's. I need to establish two years on all my credit cards, before they approve me, because of the baddies that i have. Oh well, i will garden until April 2013 and try again. In the mean time i will enjoy my Discover More card! Thanks guys!

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500



Message 12 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!

I know this is a bit delayed, but my DH suddenly expressed strong interest in an iPad (sigh) so now I'm thinking about apping for their Apple card... Would you mind expanding a bit on the baddies you have?

 

Did they deny you for any branded card they have, or specifically for the regular Visa that you mentioned?

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 13 of 20
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!


720ismygoal wrote:

UPDATE: i recon with them twice and got the same answer from two different CSR's. I need to establish two years on all my credit cards, before they approve me, because of the baddies that i have. Oh well, i will garden until April 2013 and try again. In the mean time i will enjoy my Discover More card! Thanks guys!


How many baddies do you have?




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 20
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!


LS2982 wrote:

720ismygoal wrote:

UPDATE: i recon with them twice and got the same answer from two different CSR's. I need to establish two years on all my credit cards, before they approve me, because of the baddies that i have. Oh well, i will garden until April 2013 and try again. In the mean time i will enjoy my Discover More card! Thanks guys!


How many baddies do you have?


i have two Charge offs, one from Janurary of 2009(paid in full) and another from December of 2009(also paid in full). I started re-establishing credit, so i have about a year's worth of good credit.

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500



Message 15 of 20
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!


modernsurrender wrote:

I know this is a bit delayed, but my DH suddenly expressed strong interest in an iPad (sigh) so now I'm thinking about apping for their Apple card... Would you mind expanding a bit on the baddies you have?

 

Did they deny you for any branded card they have, or specifically for the regular Visa that you mentioned?


Denied for the regular visa card. i have two CO's, but all paid in full and about a year of re-establishing credit.

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500



Message 16 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!

If it makes you feel better I was approved for Barclays but denied for Discover More.   Want to trade?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 20
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!


vonMannstein wrote:

If it makes you feel better I was approved for Barclays but denied for Discover More.   Want to trade?  Smiley Very Happy


Hahahahah! no way! i love my Discover! Smiley Happy

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500



Message 18 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!

Thanks for the extra details 720 Smiley Happy  I'm tempted to app since my negs are all from 05-07, but I'm trying to hold off until the fall... So tempting!

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 19 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays flat out denied me!

I have 4 baddies, they approved me for 2 cards.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 20 of 20