Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays has taken action after using BT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays has taken action after using BT

CLIs are considered credit card approvals here. At least that's the pattern I've noticed.

Message 11 of 23
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Need to change the title a bit or you will give half the community a heart attack when they first see it. Congratulations on your success! Smiley Happy

Well it won't make sense in 'Credit Card Approvals' whatever I put now...!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditJim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Need to change the title a bit or you will give half the community a heart attack when they first see it. Congratulations on your success! Smiley Happy

Well it won't make sense in 'Credit Card Approvals' whatever I put now...!

It's appropriate in approvals because you received a CLI. Guess the mods moved it. Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 23
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CLIs are considered credit card approvals here. At least that's the pattern I've noticed.

But the whole point to the post was to illustrate Barclays action to carrying a balance / using a balance transfer. The Credit Card forum is full of posts about people who've had a CLD after carrying a balance on the Barclay card or who've been balance-chased, why are they not moved to 'approvals'. I don't actually care about the $3k CLI - more about correcting the balance on the Credit Cards forum that all Barclays do is CLD when you carry a balance as if you search, that's all you'll see.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mods don't want to let the facts get in the way of a good narrative! Barclays hates BTs!
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i guess idk what the big deal is about it being moved? CLI = approvals. pretty standard practice..
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditJim wrote:

But the whole point to the post was to illustrate Barclays action to carrying a balance / using a balance transfer. The Credit Card forum is full of posts about people who've had a CLD after carrying a balance on the Barclay card or who've been balance-chased, why are they not moved to 'approvals'. I don't actually care about the $3k CLI - more about correcting the balance on the Credit Cards forum that all Barclays do is CLD when you carry a balance as if you search, that's all you'll see.

+1. I haven't seen people having difficulty with Barclay BT when it's a lower proportion of their credit limit and is paid off fairly quickly. The situations of AA seem to be more related to BT'ing a large portion of credit limit and/ or leaving it on the card for a longer period.

I am thinking there isn't anyone who can chime in and say they received AA by using a lower proportion of credit limit and paying it off fairly quickly. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 23
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i guess idk what the big deal is about it being moved? CLI = approvals. pretty standard practice..

If it was about the CLI I would have just posted it straight in here "OMG I JUST LOGGED IN AND SAW $3K AUTO LUVVV LOL". Oh well. Hopefully anyone worried about doing a balance transfer to their Barclays account finds this post when they search and isn't put off doing it for fear of an 'inevitable' CLD.

Message 18 of 23
someg33k
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats OP and good positive story on Barclay.

humuhumunukunukuapuaa

LOL true!

But the other half of us read that and think nothing new here Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Barclays seems to push a fine line (sometimes) but not always but it's been my own experience to just stop stressing about it over them.

I will say that i feel a lot more relieved now that i have the Ring Card albeit still only a $5K original limit from a Rewards MC PC which restricts much in the way of any serious usage but i do on occasion make ample use of their BT's and actually am on one right now.

I think once that they're comfortable with you then it's clear sailing and they don't seem to mind dishing out a better overall limit for you.

Congratulations! on the nice SP $3K extra boost! and the story of your experience is appreciated too.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.