Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays headed to the shredder

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays headed to the shredder

@chwebb1 wrote:

Have you considered asking for a PC to a more useful product, ie the Ring or Sallie Mae? Even the rewards card is more useful than the Apple financing card in my opinion.

Good luck with that...  won't happen with Sallie Mae.

From another thread earlier today...

@Creditaddict wrote:

Rarely but sometimes you can Product Change but that seems to be Apple to Rewards and sometimes Rewards to Arrival Platinum but no other co-branded or anything.

I've been told multiple times that you can't PC to Sallie Mae.  I wanted to do that back when I got the Apple Financing in Sept 2013.  I was told you must apply, be approved, then if you want you can move the CL from your undesired card to the new card.

I was approved for Sallie Mae $4500 last month... then moved $2200 CL over from the Apple card, then closed the Apple card.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

Have you considered asking for a PC to a more useful product, ie the Ring or Sallie Mae? Even the rewards card is more useful than the Apple financing card in my opinion.

Good luck with that...  won't happen with Sallie Mae.

From another thread earlier today...

@Creditaddict wrote:

Rarely but sometimes you can Product Change but that seems to be Apple to Rewards and sometimes Rewards to Arrival Platinum but no other co-branded or anything.

I've been told multiple times that you can't PC to Sallie Mae.  I wanted to do that back when I got the Apple Financing in Sept 2013.  I was told you must apply, be approved, then if you want you can move the CL from your undesired card to the new card.

I was approved for Sallie Mae $4500 last month... then moved $2200 CL over from the Apple card, then closed the Apple card.

PC to co-brand card is different than PC to issuer card.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Take a look at my Freedom bro. Opened in 2010 with a $200 limit. No love until last month. Look at it now. Cat Tongue

+100

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pazuzu wrote:

I have decided it is time.

It will be a yr next month since they gave me auto LUV. 

If I don't see a CLI on the next statement cut, their 22% APR financing Visa is headed here:

Buh-bye!

I have gotten lots of auto CLIs from Barclay's, just to share ... did just the card pretty aggressively though.

BN: 2k -> 3.5k -> 5.8k -> 7.4k -> Moved to Arrival

Arrival: 18.7k -> 26k (moved from BN) -> 30k

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Take a look at my Freedom bro. Opened in 2010 with a $200 limit. No love until last month. Look at it now. Cat Tongue

It definitely looks out of place in your sig!

Message 15 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't even know that they had Freedom cards below $500. That card would have been dead a long time ago if it were mine.

Same here. Or close card and reapply later, or apply another card and move limit over.

Signature needs updating
Message 16 of 18
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Well this makes me feel better about my Freedom I've had for the last 8 mos. with the original $1500 CL and no increase--took a HP and was turned down for one last Sept.---but got approved for CSP. If Freedom wasn't a no annual fee card I'd close it and move the CL over to the CSP. And if the $400 Freedom poster asks for an increase most likely they'll hit him up for a HP---which I absolutely refuse to take another for mine...that's why it's been SD'd for the last 7 mos.

AMEX Blue Cash Evdy-$10K ll Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$13K ll Chase Sapphire Prefereed VS-$5K ll
Capital One QS Visa Signature-$5K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-$2.5K ll Wal Mart Mastercard/Synchrony-$2K ll
Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/Synchrony-$2.5K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7K ll
Coldwater Creek M/C-$5K ll Credit Union Visa-$2.5K ll FNBO AMEX-$6K ll Barclay Rewards WMC-$2.5K ll Chase Freedom-$1.5K
ll Camping World Good Sam Visa-$2.25K ll Union Plus Mastercard/Capital One-$2K

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Well this makes me feel better about my Freedom I've had for the last 8 mos. with the original $1500 CL and no increase--took a HP and was turned down for one last Sept.---but got approved for CSP. If Freedom wasn't a no annual fee card I'd close it and move the CL over to the CSP. And if the $400 Freedom poster asks for an increase most likely they'll hit him up for a HP---which I absolutely refuse to take another for mine...that's why it's been SD'd for the last 7 mos.

AMEX Blue Cash Evdy-$10K ll Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$13K ll Chase Sapphire Prefereed VS-$5K ll
Capital One QS Visa Signature-$5K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-$2.5K ll Wal Mart Mastercard/Synchrony-$2K ll
Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/Synchrony-$2.5K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7K ll
Coldwater Creek M/C-$5K ll Credit Union Visa-$2.5K ll FNBO AMEX-$6K ll Barclay Rewards WMC-$2.5K ll Chase Freedom-$1.5K
ll Camping World Good Sam Visa-$2.25K ll Union Plus Mastercard/Capital One-$2K

I learned my lesson early on with Chase and CLI HP's, Useless, Useless, Useless!

Now I just apply for a new card and move some CL over.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.