Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays how good with recon

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Barclays how good with recon

Ok, I'm in a drapping state. Just how good is Barclays with recon? Considering the Arrival card and the free BT that comes with it.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays how good with recon

Its very easy to recon with Barclays. Actually, they are probably the easiest to get a positive recon with. 

In case you don't have it, their number is 866-408-4064

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I need to step-away from the all trigger but I'm in a mood Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

DRAPPPPPPPP BABY DOOOOOIIIIEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!

(Good luck and may the force be with you!!)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 15
Phizzle
New Contributor

I recently had a very positive experience with them; I called to recon my initial CL. I was instantly approved for $2400.00 online. I wanted just a bit more, so I called in the next morning to see what they could do since I have 6k, 6k and 8k with Discover, Amex and Chase respectively. She told me my profile looked really good, just lots of new credit which is true. She then offered to bump me to 3k and told me to call back in 6 months for another increase (accepted with a smile).

Extremely happy with the service and professionalism she exhibited. It was a soft pull for the increase.
Message 5 of 15
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

I had the NFL card (closed) was denied for whatever card Apple uses through them. didn't bother with a recon though I just gave up lol

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 6 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Ok, I'm in a drapping state. Just how good is Barclays with recon? Considering the Arrival card and the free BT that comes with it.

You suppose to be in the garden lol but they are pretty good with recon 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Not sure who they might HP for you, they pulled TU for me.  

I had to recon and think I did ok.   At first it was an "iffy" decline so i called to ask about it (NFL card).  Asked about other cards, work, income, housing (home paid for, 9 cars paid for).  My score was lower but I have a rather thick file (well over a dozen cards at the time, all perfect payment history, AAoA about 5 years) and not too many INQs, 3 or 4 at the time on TU I think.  Ended up with a 5K World MC Flex spend acct but with a high APR.

I would guess they like to see low INQs, a fair to good amount of history and no lates, somewhat long job history, over 50 or 60k a year and long history at the same address,  along with other above average limit cards reporting for some time.  Just my opinion after my experience.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Barclays usually pulls TU..but why do you care? You are in the garden with me! 😉
Message 9 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Oh krap......  "Beer fest all day" ?!  

Duncanrr, I just spotted that.   Don't do it!  Unless your file has grown a lot, is spotless and you know you'll get approved for a huge CL, Just don't or you'll get stuck with a toy CL!! 

Sleep on it, you can always think about it a few days first!

Smiley Sad

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.