Did you mean: 

Barclays is W O N D E R F U L....

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclays is W O N D E R F U L....

@Andy77 wrote:

I did include a Barclays card in my BK.

I have the cash to pay in full, but I am having a hard time parting with it..I know crazy!!!

WHAT? I have never had a Barclay card before and I am further out of BK then you and it still took me 4 applications over the last 4 years to finally get approved!

Do you have this persons extention I want to have a go at it with my card for higher CL!! LOL

Message 21 of 29
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Andy77 wrote:

I have the cash to pay in full, but I am having a hard time parting with it..I know crazy!!!

WHAT? I have never had a Barclay card before and I am further out of BK then you and it still took me 4 applications over the last 4 years to finally get approved!

Do you have this persons extention I want to have a go at it with my card for higher CL!! LOL

Just remember, every situation/application is different!  Smiley Wink

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 22 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Andy77 wrote:

Just remember, every situation/application is different!  Smiley Wink

Yeah but the last guy I spoke to about CLI right after being approved... it sounded like I was the first person he had talked to on the phone and didn't seem to know what to tell me or ask me about my credit report.... it was painful! Put me on hold and when he came back it sounded like someone had written down the rest of our conversation to say no he would not raise the limit....

I want the person that says "hey it's not my money, you want credit, sure I give you credit... not enough, okay... here you go little bit more!!!

Not the rep that says why would you have 3 INQ in the last 5 years... I won't approve you for anything, build more credit but don't apply!

(Yes dramatized but still Smiley Tongue)

The line I hate the most "Mr. (blank) We would really like to see a little more history since the BK and would like to see less INQ, so try back in 6 months" Me: Umm Hi, so you just declined me because I have to many INQ and not enough new accounts since BK... 1. how am I going to get more new accounts without INQ and 2. How is it going to help me to apply with you again in 6 months, you will be adding just another INQ to my already to many INQ!! You can't have it both ways!

Message 23 of 29
john398
Senior Contributor

The reason I told them I was maxed out around the holidays but I will be paying through the year and they approved me for 2k...originally was 1190, love barclays

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@john398 wrote:

The reason I told them I was maxed out around the holidays but I will be paying through the year and they approved me for 2k...originally was 1190, love barclays

Aside from Barclay being awesome with recons, they seem to give out the oddest CL's.

Congrats JohnSmiley Happy

Happy Holidays.

Message 25 of 29
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Aside from Barclay being awesome with recons, they seem to give out the oddest CL's.

Congrats JohnSmiley Happy

Happy Holidays.

I thought they did that to hold $10 for $1 authorizations for the Apple card.  But maybe they made that change computer wide?

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 26 of 29
Juan123
Established Contributor

question, my barclays card started reporting this morning... but not CL? says "Amount in H/C column is credit limit" but i havent charged anything so it says N/A?!?

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 27 of 29
john398
Senior Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

question, my barclays card started reporting this morning... but not CL? says "Amount in H/C column is credit limit" but i havent charged anything so it says N/A?!?

Thats odd, that sounds like you got a signature card, what was your limit Juan?

Message 28 of 29
Juan123
Established Contributor

$2000.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.