Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays is greedy.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays is greedy.

That's why I make my payments at LEAST 10 days before due.

Message 11 of 55
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here -- I usually pay several days after the statement cuts to have -pleny- of time. I've never pushed payment though; I always pay using the app or online with the money being taken from my bank account that way.

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 12 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Havent had an issue with payments posting from any lender but Barclay usually takes 2-3 days. Never pushed a payment.....not even sure what that means. If anything is owed I pay $60 once the statements close then make a large payment close to the due date if necessary. Usually with mobile apps.
Message 13 of 55
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ANd that's why I set it to auto PIF on due date on the issuers site , so it becomes their responsibility (as long as funds were available)

Message 14 of 55
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Havent had an issue with payments posting from any lender but Barclay usually takes 2-3 days. Never pushed a payment.....not even sure what that means. If anything is owed I pay $60 once the statements close then make a large payment close to the due date if necessary. Usually with mobile apps.

Pushing payment means directly from bank like bill pay. No apps or anything. Your bank will pay whoever you want to your account. Example. If lender can't accept payment because of any reason. You can Ptah it from your bank. My min due was 0. But balance was 600. So I pushed the 600 since I had already made payment thru app. Payment thru app took 2 days. Now 6 days even money left my bank. Barclay still not posted. I'm sure it will post tomorrow. Now they added 11.92 in interest. So I will have balance of 11.92. As other stated. If I am a pita to them. They may credit it back. 

Message 15 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 55
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The thing is you should always expect a delay with bank bill pay vs. Paying directly on the issuers site or app. That's how bank bill pay is. If you wanna be a PITA to them about 11 bucks that's fine but next time just pay further in advance if you wanna use the bill pay method IMO.
Message 17 of 55
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I would think if you called and politely explained what happened and how you would like them to waive the interest fee as a one-time courtesy, they would be happy to do so. I am always happy to help the people that call my company who are nice and polite. If they're a PITA, I quote policy and don't give them anything. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 18 of 55
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Exactly. No need to be a pain about it. Just pay further out next time, and ask politely if they'll credit you for this. If not, its 11 bucks and lesson learned about paying earlier, and you can move on with your life.
Message 19 of 55
taxi818
Super Contributor

I agree. I will be polite for sure. I just never seen it taking a week in real time for a payment. It's all good. 

Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.