Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays is greedy.

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays is greedy.

This is why im kinda afraid to use my banks bill pay because it seems it is always slower
Message 21 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

a lot of it depends on the payee. My bank pops up an expected date of arrival, and it always seems to get there and posted on that date. Some payees it pops up a 4 day expected arrival some 2 days, and freaking Cap1 6 days. I think they have to find a WW2 vet with an enigma machine or something to get it there.

Message 22 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

a lot of it depends on the payee. My bank pops up an expected date of arrival, and it always seems to get there and posted on that date. Some payees it pops up a 4 day expected arrival some 2 days, and freaking Cap1 6 days. I think they have to find a WW2 vet with an enigma machine or something to get it there.

Hey ... they were using ENAC and it takes a little longer. For my Barclay experience, generally 1 to 3 days and I put the payment through their website.

Message 23 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

I never tried to push payments since I do not attempt 0 balance reporting but when I pull the amounts are credited the next business day. So no issues for me on both of my Barclaycards.

Ditto.

Message 24 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey ... they were using ENAC and it takes a little longer. For my Barclay experience, generally 1 to 3 days and I put the payment through their website.

Yea but I'm pretty sure cap1 is on the wrong side of that war. Which is why it takes an enigma machine to get my payment there.

Message 25 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Havent had an issue with payments posting from any lender but Barclay usually takes 2-3 days. Never pushed a payment.....not even sure what that means. If anything is owed I pay $60 once the statements close then make a large payment close to the due date if necessary. Usually with mobile apps.

Pushing payment means directly from bank like bill pay. No apps or anything. Your bank will pay whoever you want to your account. Example. If lender can't accept payment because of any reason. You can Ptah it from your bank. My min due was 0. But balance was 600. So I pushed the 600 since I had already made payment thru app. Payment thru app took 2 days. Now 6 days even money left my bank. Barclay still not posted. I'm sure it will post tomorrow. Now they added 11.92 in interest. So I will have balance of 11.92. As other stated. If I am a pita to them. They may credit it back. 

For future reference, Barclay will allow you to over pay your account for up to $500 over the balance on their site/app. You can't over pay on a same day payment but you can overpay and date it for as soon as the next day.

Message 26 of 55
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Paid $1,450 on my out standing balance for current billing cycle, post to my account next day and deducted from my bank the day after that.

day after payment I called back door and moved limit over to Sallie Mae and closed rewards MC. Analyst seen my payment and said he didn't 

mind doing it for me. And I had been approved for sallie Mae the week before. 

Stop op using your bank bill pay and link your bank account directly to Barclays site. Problem solved and now you don't have to cry over it anymore. 

Please dont blame barclay , blame yourself. 

Message 27 of 55
barbaralee
Established Contributor

We have all of our credit cards set up to pull from our checking account on statement due date for 2 reasons: 1) It's easier. No fuss, no muss, so my only responsibility is to balance the checkbook. 2) it's faster. I have never had any delay issues when pulling from my bank. 

We are not heavy spenders, by any means, but our SM card gets the most action, and at the end of a cycle usually is between $900-$1200. We've never been charged interest, and have never had problems with Barclays floating a payment. 

Just pull next time, especially if you are cutting it close, and you will be good to go. Smiley Happy 

Message 28 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand this complaint. If OP paid the bill 6 days before the statement cut, then the payment was already several days late when payment was initiated (unless Barclays has their due date on the same day as their statement cut date, which I have never heard of before).

Usually the due date (for most banks) is 21 or so days after the statement cut date, and that is a good 9 or 10 days before the next statement cut date, meaning that paying 6 days before statement cuts is already a late payment and subject to interest (even though minimum had already been paid earlier). Does Barclays do a full month grace period after statement cuts or something? I don't have any of their products...

G

Message 29 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had them pull from a savings account, direct ACH and they're telling me it's going to take 7+ days to release the funds available on my card. Cap One did this with my first payment, and I called in and they released since it was already out of the account. I'm getting serious push back for them to credit my account with the payment. It's showing on the account as a zero balance, but no access to the actual credit.

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.