Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays is here!

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Barclays is here!

I don't know why, but I'm probably the most excited about this card over any of the others I've gotten. This was on my "dream card" list. I didn't even know if I could qualify for it and didn't realize it was a World MC when I applied.

Also, it is a really pretty card! It has pretty blue swirls. (Okay, I'm a girl!) So much prettier than the plain, white, matte Apple card. (The one time I used my Apple card in a store, the guy didn't even think it was a real cc! Smiley Surprised)

It kind of represents the culmination of the years of work rebuilding my credit. I haven't had credit in over 10 yrs. 2 years ago, I couldn't have gotten a CC if my life depended on it. A year ago, I barely got a $200 Old Navy card and a $500 Cap One. Now, I have Amex, Chase, NFCU and Barclays. The only other card I want is a BCE in January, and that's really for the backdating only.

Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays is here!

Congrats! I'm assuming this is the Barclays Rewards MC, correct?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and calm down a little... We don't need you kissing the salesperson/cashier the first time you use the card Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Datx wrote:

Congrats! I'm assuming this is the Barclays Rewards MC, correct?

Oh, yeah! I'm so excited, I forgot that part! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 14
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I don't know why, but I'm probably the most excited about this card over any of the others I've gotten. This was on my "dream card" list. I didn't even know if I could qualify for it and didn't realize it was a World MC when I applied.

Also, it is a really pretty card! It has pretty blue swirls. (Okay, I'm a girl!) So much prettier than the plain, white, matte Apple card. (The one time I used my Apple card in a store, the guy didn't even think it was a real cc! Smiley Surprised)

It kind of represents the culmination of the years of work rebuilding my credit. I haven't had credit in over 10 yrs. 2 years ago, I couldn't have gotten a CC if my life depended on it. A year ago, I barely got a $200 Old Navy card and a $500 Cap One. Now, I have Amex, Chase, NFCU and Barclays. The only other card I want is a BCE in January, and that's really for the backdating only.

Smiley Happy

Congrats!  Since you like your cards to be aesthetically pleasing, you should see if they can send you the black version of the Apple card.  I'm not sure what the difference is between the black and the white one, but I've always had the black version.  It's pretty attractive.  It's black on black matte and looks much more important than it actually is Smiley Happy

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 5 of 14
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Enjoy your new card!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Why wait til jan for the BCE?
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 7 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@GST2008 wrote:

Congrats!  Since you like your cards to be aesthetically pleasing, you should see if they can send you the black version of the Apple card.  I'm not sure what the difference is between the black and the white one, but I've always had the black version.  It's pretty attractive.  It's black on black matte and looks much more important than it actually is Smiley Happy

I think the black one is actually the iTunes card. I tried to change it after I got it, but they won't PC.

Since it doesn't have rewards, I mostly would use it for 0% on Apple products.

Message 8 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:
Why wait til jan for the BCE?

Because I ust got 2 in Feb (Zync and Costco). I'm afraid a 3rd card so soon will freak them out.

Message 9 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

Congratulations! Enjoy your new card!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.