Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays is now on MY blacklist

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays is now on MY blacklist

@USF813 wrote:
And let's be perfectly 100% honest here. If one is managing his/her finances properly then one should have no need for 0% balance transfers.

If one is managing his/her finances properly then one should have no need for a credit card, period. Yet, here you are.

Spare me the lecture and the insults. 

Message 51 of 71
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I may not agree with the OP but I think some of the comments have gone a bit too far.  He's being called a psychotic angry person whose life is out of control.  Come on.

also he's not the first person that brought up % BT offers on this forum.

I read every Post and don't see any wrongs.

We must respect each other and we should lie in order to please..in the meantime don't ignite fire.

Message 52 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peaceonearth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I may not agree with the OP but I think some of the comments have gone a bit too far.  He's being called a psychotic angry person whose life is out of control.  Come on.

also he's not the first person that brought up % BT offers on this forum.

I read every Post and don't see any wrongs.

We must respect each other and we should lie in order to please..in the meantime don't ignite fire.

Meh.

OP, Obviously their rescission of the BT offer means to you that they don't value your business.

Again though, was it New accounts that you called?

Message 53 of 71
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

@USF813 wrote:
And let's be perfectly 100% honest here. If one is managing his/her finances properly then one should have no need for 0% balance transfers.

If one is managing his/her finances properly then one should have no need for a credit card, period. Yet, here you are.

Credit cards can be used to get rewards at no cost (which is the reason why many here use them) so they can be part of a good financial strategy.   So can 0% APR zero fee BTs, but in much more limited circumstances/

Message 54 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

@USF813 wrote:

Credit cards can be used to get rewards at no cost (which is the reason why many here use them) so they can be part of a good financial strategy.   So can 0% APR zero fee BTs, but in much more limited circumstances/

I haven't seen a truly free 0% BT in a while.

Message 55 of 71
USF813
Frequent Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

@Leadberry wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2026&cellNumber=14&referrerid=CCDPPPRO...

I applied for the Barclay Rewards card for one reason, the offer for 0 percent interest on balance transfers made within the first 45 days. I went to the balance transfer section on my account homepage today and saw one BT offer, if you can call it that, of a balance transfer with no 0 percent introductory period. Because this is the only reason I applied for the card, I sent them a message asking what was going on.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard.  We can certainly address your concern regarding the promotional interest rate on your account.

We are sorry, however, we regret to inform you that your purchases and balance transfers transactions will be at a standard interest rate of 24.99%. Unfortunately we are unable to find the offer that you are referring to in our system. If you want us to investigate this further please fax or mail us a copy of any relevant documentation. Please include your name and account number on the documentation. Our team will review this and contact you.

Interesting, they claim to not even be able to find the offer. I did a quick search and found the very offer I was talking about, ON THEIR OWN SITE. I just sent them a response with the link, but not before I called and cancelled the account. Here's how the phone call went. Rep one transfers me when I tell her I want to close my account. Rep two tells me that she knows about the offer and that I'm reading it wrong. I read her this line on the offer page:

0% Intro APR for 6 months, then 24.99% variable APR based on creditworthiness

She says, right, that offer is based on your creditworthiness. I said wrong, this is CLEARLY talking about your APR after the intro period is up. I call her what she is, a liar, and ask to be transferred. Rep 3 gets on the phone and this basically gets repeated. She said the offer is subject to approval. I read her this line:

If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your obligations, we may not be able to open an account for you.

I then ask her to show me exactly where it says you can get approved for the card, but not the offer. She says shes not going to argue with me and asks if I want to close the account. I said I absolutely want to close the account but first I want you to support your claim with proof. She again declines to do so, not surprising considering we both knew she was being dishonest.

I closed the account and let her know that I'm not surprised that this bank was involved with the LIBOR scandal, considering the type of people they hire it all makes perfect sense now.

I can safely say I'll never do business with these liars ever again, what a bunch of low rent scumbags.

You have some serious anger issues. I'm sorry, but if you called me for assistance, then immediately subjected me to your aggressive and argumentative attitude, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to help you either. IMO, they didn't help you because you're just a terrible customer.

When I worked in customer service, I would jump through hoops and bend every rule in the book to help those who were calm, collected, and understanding. When a customer decided to get aggressive, I promptly stopped caring.

You have some serious judgment issues, you know nothing about me and have no clue whatsoever how the call began. Do you think I transcribed the entire call for you? Is this really what you believe? It sounds to me like this is what you WANT to believe.

I am VERY respectful when I deal with customer service until I'm told information that I know isn't true. This wasn't a situation where I needed help, this was a situation where I applied for something that later on wasn't honored. I was then given three different reasons for why that happened, and now tonight I was issued an apology and told that all three reasons were nonsense.

I realize you don't want to hear this given your CSR background, but sometimes you guys are in the wrong, sometimes you guys don't do your jobs properly, sometimes you deserve attitude. Customers are not your friends, they are customers who deserve to know correct information. This isn't contingent on the customers behavior, IT'S YOUR JOB. If you bent over backwards for some customers but not others, that speaks more to your lack of professionalism than it does to any anger issues you want to pin on me. I've worked more than one customer service position myself, and I can tell you as FACT that if you do your job properly, respecting the consumers right to receive correct information, the number of irritable customers you deal with will be next to none.

Since you wanted to judge me I'll now judge you. It sounds to me like you have a power trip issue, you don't like being told what to do so if an unhappy customer calls in and gives you grief, you get offended and "pay them back" with poor service.

I'd fire you on the spot if you worked for me and exhibited this type of behavior.

Huh....it didn't take long to prove my assessment. Yep, i'm that good at calling a spade a spade.  Do you really think any customer service employee is going to voluntarily put up with your abusive behavior towards them? Contrary to your holier than thou attitude in dealing with CSAs, companies DO fire customers who have taken things too far with their employees.

Message 56 of 71
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

@USF813 wrote:

Right, but the point is that BT offers can be useful, acquiring one of these cards doesn't always imply need or dependency. The person who responded seemed to want to ignore this fact.

Message 57 of 71
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

@USF813 wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

@Leadberry wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2026&cellNumber=14&referrerid=CCDPPPRO...

I applied for the Barclay Rewards card for one reason, the offer for 0 percent interest on balance transfers made within the first 45 days. I went to the balance transfer section on my account homepage today and saw one BT offer, if you can call it that, of a balance transfer with no 0 percent introductory period. Because this is the only reason I applied for the card, I sent them a message asking what was going on.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard.  We can certainly address your concern regarding the promotional interest rate on your account.

We are sorry, however, we regret to inform you that your purchases and balance transfers transactions will be at a standard interest rate of 24.99%. Unfortunately we are unable to find the offer that you are referring to in our system. If you want us to investigate this further please fax or mail us a copy of any relevant documentation. Please include your name and account number on the documentation. Our team will review this and contact you.

Interesting, they claim to not even be able to find the offer. I did a quick search and found the very offer I was talking about, ON THEIR OWN SITE. I just sent them a response with the link, but not before I called and cancelled the account. Here's how the phone call went. Rep one transfers me when I tell her I want to close my account. Rep two tells me that she knows about the offer and that I'm reading it wrong. I read her this line on the offer page:

She says, right, that offer is based on your creditworthiness. I said wrong, this is CLEARLY talking about your APR after the intro period is up. I call her what she is, a liar, and ask to be transferred. Rep 3 gets on the phone and this basically gets repeated. She said the offer is subject to approval. I read her this line:

If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your obligations, we may not be able to open an account for you.

I then ask her to show me exactly where it says you can get approved for the card, but not the offer. She says shes not going to argue with me and asks if I want to close the account. I said I absolutely want to close the account but first I want you to support your claim with proof. She again declines to do so, not surprising considering we both knew she was being dishonest.

I closed the account and let her know that I'm not surprised that this bank was involved with the LIBOR scandal, considering the type of people they hire it all makes perfect sense now.

I can safely say I'll never do business with these liars ever again, what a bunch of low rent scumbags.

You have some serious anger issues. I'm sorry, but if you called me for assistance, then immediately subjected me to your aggressive and argumentative attitude, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to help you either. IMO, they didn't help you because you're just a terrible customer.

When I worked in customer service, I would jump through hoops and bend every rule in the book to help those who were calm, collected, and understanding. When a customer decided to get aggressive, I promptly stopped caring.

You have some serious judgment issues, you know nothing about me and have no clue whatsoever how the call began. Do you think I transcribed the entire call for you? Is this really what you believe? It sounds to me like this is what you WANT to believe.

I am VERY respectful when I deal with customer service until I'm told information that I know isn't true. This wasn't a situation where I needed help, this was a situation where I applied for something that later on wasn't honored. I was then given three different reasons for why that happened, and now tonight I was issued an apology and told that all three reasons were nonsense.

I realize you don't want to hear this given your CSR background, but sometimes you guys are in the wrong, sometimes you guys don't do your jobs properly, sometimes you deserve attitude. Customers are not your friends, they are customers who deserve to know correct information. This isn't contingent on the customers behavior, IT'S YOUR JOB. If you bent over backwards for some customers but not others, that speaks more to your lack of professionalism than it does to any anger issues you want to pin on me. I've worked more than one customer service position myself, and I can tell you as FACT that if you do your job properly, respecting the consumers right to receive correct information, the number of irritable customers you deal with will be next to none.

Since you wanted to judge me I'll now judge you. It sounds to me like you have a power trip issue, you don't like being told what to do so if an unhappy customer calls in and gives you grief, you get offended and "pay them back" with poor service.

I'd fire you on the spot if you worked for me and exhibited this type of behavior.

Huh....it didn't take long to prove my assessment. Yep, i'm that good at calling a spade a spade.  Do you really think any customer service employee is going to voluntarily put up with your abusive behavior towards them? Contrary to your holier than thou attitude in dealing with CSAs, companies DO fire customers who have taken things too far with their employees.

Not a single word I typed "proves" any claim that you have made. You're reaching, and you're doing so in a very transparent manner.

I find it amusing that you accuse me of having a holier than thou attitude, as you type out a post insulting those who apply for BT cards. Do you want me to define hypocrite for you, or would you like to look it up yourself?

Message 58 of 71
EddieK
Established Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

@USF813 wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

@Leadberry wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

Not a single word I typed "proves" any claim that you have made. You're reaching, and you're doing so in a very transparent manner.

I find it amusing that you accuse me of having a holier than thou attitude, as you type out a post insulting those who apply for BT cards. Do you want me to define hypocrite for you, or would you like to look it up yourself?

Yes, one who ridicules and demeans employees of a company based on a previous lawsuit against said company, but then they knowingly and willingly chooose to do business with that same company they disparage.  

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 59 of 71
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

@EddieK wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

@USF813 wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

@Leadberry wrote:

@dapps06 wrote:

Yes, one who ridicules and demeans employees of a company based on a previous lawsuit against said company, but then they knowingly and willingly chooose to do business with that same company they disparage.  

If you read the entire thread you would know that at the time of my application I had forgotten that Barclays was involved with the LIBOR scandal. You, along with USF, seem eager to throw out insults though, so feel free to continue ignoring that information.

Message 60 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.