Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays limit recon and cli questions

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Barclays limit recon and cli questions

Besides an auto cli does Barclays do SP cli like on the website similar to discover where it tells you a HP is needed or is always a HP no matter what?

So my BF and I will probably both apply for ring in 6 or 7 mos Because of the low interest and my tuition (rest that isn't covered by student loans) will need to paid out of pocket. Well we both would apply depending on the limits granted I would need roughly 5 or 7k and since the interest is on the lower end I figured that would be the best card in the long run and for future purposes. On now the question of reconning: I read you can recon limits. Would I call a credit analyst or whom? And just ask for a larger limit? In assuming it's another pull or would they just look at my current pulled report?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays limit recon and cli questions

Web site CLI requests are always hard pulls, no option like is offered by Discover.

Would I call a credit analyst or whom? And just ask for a larger limit? In assuming it's another pull or would they just look at my current pulled report?

Sometimes they will do it without a hard pull, but you must speak sweet nothings in to their ear.

Message 2 of 4
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
Besides an auto cli does Barclays do SP cli like on the website similar to discover where it tells you a HP is needed or is always a HP no matter what?

So my BF and I will probably both apply for ring in 6 or 7 mos Because of the low interest and my tuition (rest that isn't covered by student loans) will need to paid out of pocket. Well we both would apply depending on the limits granted I would need roughly 5or7k and since the interest is on the lower end I figured that would be the best card in the long run and for future purposes. On now the questionofreconning: I read you can recon limits. Would I call a credit analyst or whom? And just ask for a larger limit? In assuming it's another pull or would they just look at my current pulled report?

You could call a credit analyst for the recon. In terms of recon, you've already had a HP so they just use that one. Essentially you tell them why you need a higher limit (tuition is a good reason) and they look at the report and see if they can override the computer. Barclays is great with recons, so I would say it is definitely worth a shot if you need to increase the limit.

EDIT: I increased my Ring SL by calling in and saying I was going to pay tuition too. Wasn't exactly true, but it worked.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

So my BF and I will probably both apply for ring in 6 or 7 mos Because of the low interest and my tuition (rest that isn't covered by student loans) will need to paid out of pocket. Well we both would apply depending on the limits granted I would need roughly 5or7k and since the interest is on the lower end I figured that would be the best card in the long run and for future purposes. On now the questionofreconning: I read you can recon limits. Would I call a credit analyst or whom? And just ask for a larger limit? In assuming it's another pull or would they just look at my current pulled report?

You could call a credit analyst for the recon. In terms of recon, you've already had a HP so they just use that one. Essentially you tell them why you need a higher limit (tuition is a good reason) and they look at the report and see if they can override the computer. Barclays is great with recons, so I would say it is definitely worth a shot if you need to increase the limit.

EDIT: I increased my Ring SL by calling in and saying I was going to pay tuition too. Wasn't exactly true, but it worked.

I reconned, but I was unsuccessful. I may try to recon again.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.