baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays lowered my limit to a to $500

SMH. Nothing they do surprises me
Message 61 of 84
elim
Senior Contributor

32 months with Barclay.  I remember wanting Ring... an 8% CC... wooooooooooot.

Now I'm schooled in the game, I rarely carry a thing that isn't 0%, and Ring sits for its 20.5 months, no CLI, no CLD. useless. I expect some AA every day.

fgyhgfghyuyhghyuhghu.jpg

Message 62 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ughhhhhh I'm sure I'm next! My 6 months is coming up and I've opened 5 new accounts since June. Sorry op! 

Message 63 of 84
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Shuffman call the Portfolio Credit Dept listed in Backdoor Numbers thread. They are the ones responsible for your cld and only they can help you.

Baller, they were less than helpful to me when I called last month...LOL  They can sit in SD hell with my $500 limit...LOL

But, they LOVE my GF, who has a total of 4 cards (Jetblue, 2 Chase, and WF). She carries a large balance ALL of the time, uses Barclays for BT... and has high Util (>66%). Do they CLD her? Heck no...LOL

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 64 of 84
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It won't be long now folks.

There will be a rush of Barclaycard new approvals any day now. Never fails.

As an aside. They seem to take great pleasure in their reputation for this and you have to hand it to them, they are very good at it.

Message 65 of 84
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

was 11-28 the day that this happened? Same day my account was closed. I just logged in online to check my available credit and they closed my account, which I truly can't believe! The reason for my closure however was "bad debt" whatever in the hell that means.

I've held a barclays card since I started rebuilding, they were on of the first to offer me credit when I was in the dumps and I've actually never done anything wrong. i always used the card and PIF as I do with most of my other cards. In June I app'd and got approved for the jetblue MC as I wanted to start flying jetblue. I in fact booked 3 flights this past month on jetblue (and PIF) but they decided to close my account. I'm going to give a shout tomorrow to lending and see what the deal is.

When I app'd for the card I had $15K in balances with roughly $130K in available credit. (they've been in my portfolio since I started with $3000 in credit). I have my personal loan paid off as of a week ago, my LOC paid off and my credit balances down to $5K (and roughly $190K in open credit even though I've closed a few cards) and my scores are higher than ever. 

Kind of annoyed considering I use that card and solely fly jetblue! 

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 66 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear of these experiences with Barclay's. When I first tarted my rebuild journey, Barclay was on the list of cards I wanted. Now, that is totally changed after hearing all the horror stories. I am working really hard to build my credit and I don't need a creditor giving me setbacks at sometime in the future.

Message 67 of 84
baller4life
Super Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Shuffman call the Portfolio Credit Dept listed in Backdoor Numbers thread. They are the ones responsible for your cld and only they can help you.

Baller, they were less than helpful to me when I called last month...LOL  They can sit in SD hell with my $500 limit...LOL

But, they LOVE my GF, who has a total of 4 cards (Jetblue, 2 Chase, and WF). She carries a large balance ALL of the time, uses Barclays for BT... and has high Util (>66%). Do they CLD her? Heck no...LOL

Yeah the first time I called when cld happened, they didn't budge. They didn't like the fact that I utilized their bt offer on my Sallie Mae. I went from 0% to like over 70% util on that card. But overall util was under 10%. They said I had "escalating debt" and too many new accounts. I closed my Ring on the spot. And called back a month or two later and got my SM limit reinstated. Then closed it shortly after that. I apped Arrival+ this summer and got a nice sign up bonus out of them. But, won't be surprised if it's cld as well. I'm quite over Barclays. 

Message 68 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Yeah the first time I called when cld happened, they didn't budge. They didn't like the fact that I utilized their bt offer on my Sallie Mae. I went from 0% to like over 70% util on that card. But overall util was under 10%. They said I had "escalating debt" and too many new accounts. I closed my Ring on the spot. And called back a month or two later and got my SM limit reinstated. Then closed it shortly after that. I apped Arrival+ this summer and got a nice sign up bonus out of them. But, won't be surprised if it's cld as well. I'm quite over Barclays. 

That really stinks! Got'ta wonder who programs their risk models? ;(

Message 69 of 84
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Me I keep trying to stay on their good side. I even make recurring purchases with my Ring card just so they'll have a little gravy to mop up.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 70 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.