Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays not updated yet on Equifax

tag
brikays
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays not updated yet on Equifax

Had the same issue but Barclays just updated on EQ this morning.

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 21 of 31
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

@brikays wrote:

How long did it take after your statement posted, approximately?

Message 22 of 31
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

I just received an alert from myFico, Barclay updated, so this makes me think the message I sent worked.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 23 of 31
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@tdoger wrote:

Mine closed on the 23rd and has only updated on TU.  TU is usually the last to update.  I paid off a large balance as the promo rate is ending.  I want to see the FICO effect.  I just sent a similar message. 

EXACT same circumstances for me. Statement cut on Nov. 23rd. TU updated a few days later. EQ & EX still haven't updated as of today. Up till now, Barclay's has always reported promptly.

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 31
NotUsher
Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

@tdoger wrote:

Mine closed on the 23rd and has only updated on TU.  TU is usually the last to update.  I paid off a large balance as the promo rate is ending.  I want to see the FICO effect.  I just sent a similar message. 

EXACT same circumstances for me. Statement cut on Nov. 23rd. TU updated a few days later. EQ & EX still haven't updated as of today. Up till now, Barclay's has always reported promptly.

Same problem here. Just off the phone with a CSR who originally said they only reported to TU. I questioned that and she put me on hold only to come back and say that they report to all 3 when they have to and that I'd need to check with the CRAs about this.

She also kept pronouncing EX as 'experience'. That irked me.

So not much intel gained there, unfortunately.

Message 25 of 31
brikays
Regular Contributor

@ForMyBiz wrote:

@brikays wrote:

How long did it take after your statement posted, approximately?

My statement posted on 11/21/2013 but I got an SW EQ alert on 12/5/2013

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 26 of 31
tdoger
Established Member

For your entertainment, I am posting my ongoing exchange with customer service below.  I think they may be using an auto response system.  I just deleted my name and did a cut and paste, so read from bottom to top. And yes, I know I can be passive/aggressive, but I couldn't just let it go.    

Response Customer Service via Email12/06/2013 02:49 pm

Dear XXXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Rewards World MasterCard.  We understand your concerns and apologize if you have received anything less than superior service from us. We strive for excellence and appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this feedback. 

We will ensure that your comments are forwarded to the appropriate department. We understand your concerns. To provide you the best resolution, we will have a manager call you at the number on file to discuss your concern(s) within 24-48 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message. 

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Customer via CSS Web12/06/2013 10:22 am

Let me try a third time: Maybe you could at least try to answer my question instead of just assuming you know what I am really asking. Both Experian and Equifax show information from the October 23rd statement. It is now well past the November 23rd statement. Why did you not update the information to Experian and Equifax after the November statement? There is no confusion on my end, only yours. I understand the information on the reports stay the same for the month. My question is why is it now 2 months?

Response Customer Service via Email12/06/2013 03:18 am

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Rewards World MasterCard. We apologize for the confusion regarding the status of your account; however, we can clarify this for you.

BarclayCardUS updates your credit report monthly. This is done after the billing cycle closes on the 23rd of each month; however, the credit bureaus will reflect this update after 30 days.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Customer XXXXXXXXX via CSS Web12/05/2013 11:13 pm

Obviously my question was not even read. Why would I need to contact Trans Union when that is the only one that was updated? This was totaly unresponsive to my question. Sorry that I expected more. I will keep this in mind.

Response Customer Service via Email12/05/2013 08:21 pm

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Rewards World MasterCard.  We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the credit report on your account.

For fair banking procedures, the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) requires all banks to report accurate information on credit bureau reports. We update our Customer's credit reports monthly. Should you have questions about the information that has been provided to you, please contact TransUnion directly at 800-888-4213 between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Friday. 

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Customer XXXXXX via CSS Web12/05/2013 04:18 pm

Is there a reason why the account information for this card has not been updated with Experian and Equifax since October?

Message 27 of 31
tdoger
Established Member

Snarky might be a better term for my tone.  And my Equifax has now updated but Experian remains unchanged.

Message 28 of 31
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

The last answer you got is the same one I received, pathetic company and I will close this card after the final payment posts.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 29 of 31
tdoger
Established Member

It truly defeats the purpose of offering an email or message system for customer service when it takes a call in the end anyway, and with the added drawback of the customer not controlling when they want to have the conversation.    I won't close it, just will quit using it.  This isn't the only reason.  They can still give me the free FICO every month.  It was never my primary card but it is the one that I AU’ed my wife on for her everyday use.    I cashed in just under $900  in rewards for the year so they were making money on the account.   

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.