Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays overnight fee ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays overnight fee ??

Will they charge that out of the Credit card you applied for or do you pay right there and then out of pocket? Also will they expedite to my current location? Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays overnight fee ??

When I applied for the JetBlue card I selected overnight and was charged the fee to the credit card. The card was sent to the address on the application. 

As as a data point you need to apply before 330 or 430pm can't remember exactly for it to come next day. Anything after that it will be processed the next day.

Also no delivery on Saturday or Sunday. 

i applied on Thursday evening and didn't recieve my card until Monday morning. 

Message 2 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Hopefully you don't need it urgently and can wait for regular (no extra fee) USPS delivery.

If you really need it ASAP, though, get it rushed. Otherwise it can easily take 2 weeks.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why even give them the option to charge you a fee for an overnighted card? 

Did you lose your card, or are you a new applicant? 

Many companies overnight cards for free including Discover, Chase, and Citi. Barclays is horrible. Right now I can't even log into the site to view my information. 

Message 4 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They charge the new card account. Unless you really really need the card quickly I would never be paying $15 for that. I think it's ridiculous they charge that much to expedite one card.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Will they charge that out of the Credit card you applied for or do you pay right there and then out of pocket? Also will they expedite to my current location? Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

I hope everything works out for you.

Message 6 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

They charge the new card account. Unless you really really need the card quickly I would never be paying $15 for that. I think it's ridiculous they charge that much to expedite one card.

Yes, I agree.   I have very few principles in the cc world, but not paying for junk charges like this is one of them.    While a lot of people get very excited about receiving the card ASAP, the cases where you actually need the card now are very rare (and often getting the card on time doesn't work in these cases because of other factors)

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on Thursday evening and got the card in the mail on Wednesday. That's quick. I can't see a situation where it would be worth paying the fee.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yes, I agree.   I have very few principles in the cc world, but not paying for junk charges like this is one of them.    While a lot of people get very excited about receiving the card ASAP, the cases where you actually need the card now are very rare (and often getting the card on time doesn't work in these cases because of other factors)

When there's card issuers out there that automatically overnight new cards, there's no reason to do business with a company that charges you to do so when you request it.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied on Thursday evening and got the card in the mail on Wednesday. That's quick. I can't see a situation where it would be worth paying the fee.

A week is about average for a non-rushed card to come in the mail. I wouldn't exactly call it "quick."

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.