cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays pending authorizations (or lack thereof)

tag
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Barclays pending authorizations (or lack thereof)

All of my web accounts for my various credit cards show pending authorizations immediately...except Barclays.  Is this a thing with them?  Today I used the card to order some clothes online, and yesterday and the day before I used it to buy my morning coffee.  None of these pending charges have shown up!  They're reflected in my available credit, but when I click the "temporary authorizations" tab....nada.

Does this drive anyone else crazy?

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays pending authorizations (or lack thereof)

This happens to me every so often on my Cap1 account. And yes, it bugs me a lot because I can't look to see what was charged. I do a lot of international travel in places with a lot of CC fraud and I like to keep up with what was charged. If I see my available credit lower with no card, I get irritated. 

Message 2 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

All of my web accounts for my various credit cards show pending authorizations immediately...except Barclays.  Is this a thing with them?  Today I used the card to order some clothes online, and yesterday and the day before I used it to buy my morning coffee.  None of these pending charges have shown up!  They're reflected in my available credit, but when I click the "temporary authorizations" tab....nada.

Yes it can drive you crazy but it's usually because they don't have all the info from the store yet just the amount of the charge 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 13
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

Yes it can drive you crazy but it's usually because they don't have all the info from the store yet just the amount of the charge 

That's the important part I want to see!  It shouldn't take days to show up.  Heck, the DD charge from Thursday will probably end up being a posted charge before it even shows up under "pending"...smh.

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 4 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

That's the important part I want to see!  It shouldn't take days to show up.  Heck, the DD charge from Thursday will probably end up being a posted charge before it even shows up under "pending"...smh.

I feel your pain trust me that has happened to me .....cuss cuss bad words Lol....it was suppose to be on the next statement not this oneSmiley Sad

Is your card new? The first month or two I had the account was the worst after that they posted pretty fast

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 13
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

I feel your pain trust me that has happened to me .....cuss cuss bad words Lol....it was suppose to be on the next statement not this oneSmiley Sad

Is your card new? The first month or two I had the account was the worst after that they posted pretty fast

Yup, my first statement just cut today.  My other beef: I made a payment hald an hour ago and still haven't received my "Payment Received" email.  It's instant with everyone else!

Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

Yup, my first statement just cut today.  My other beef: I made a payment hald an hour ago and still haven't received my "Payment Received" email.  It's instant with everyone else!

All the kinks will work outSmiley Sad Sorry you had to find out the hard way ...if you log in you can see pending payments if that helps just to make sure it went through

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 13
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

So I sent Barclay's a secure message about this issue.

Hello,

I'm a new cardmember (my first statement just cut), and I'm concerned that my temporary authorizations aren't showing up when I click on the tab to view them. Today I ordered some clothes from *********, and yesterday and the day before I used the card at ********. While my available credit reflects those purchases, I can't view them, which is really frustrating! Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,

isoldmyatlas

I received a not-very-helpful response (I know what an authorization is, Barclays!)

Dear isoldmyatlas :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the transaction on your account.

Please be advised that authorizations are transactions that have been removed from your available credit and have not yet posted to your account balance. Once we receive the final billing from the merchant, the amount will post to your account and be added to your current balance. Charges to merchants such as restaurants, gas stations, and hotels are subject to change as they are typically approved prior to the final amount being determined. Note that authorizations can remain on the account for up to 10 days. We apologize for the confusion, and hope that we have been able to clarify the situation.

You can continue to monitor if your transactions are already posted as charges to your account online. To view your account activity, select "View activity & statements" tab. You are able to filter the time frame by using the drop down menu and selecting either recent transactions or previous statements. We hope you find this information helpful.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

I'm writing back with this in hopes that someone there knows what I am referring to:

Thanks for the response, but I am still wondering why these authorizations are not showing when I click on "Temporary authorizations."  There should be at least 3 pending transactions that show under that tab - but none of them are there!  Every other credit card I have shows all of my pending transactions in addition to posted transactions when I log into my online account.  It's very frustrating to have to keep paper receipts for my morning coffee if I want to know what the charge was because I'm unable to view pending transactions.  Is there a way to make them viewable? I've noticed this is also impossible on the mobile app.

Thank you,

isoldmyatlas

Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 13
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

that's how barclays is unfortunately...i've had them now going on 6 months and that's how they've always been to me so i've come to expect it...like today i charged something, but still not even showing up under pending transactions...probably will bypass the temporary transactions and go straight to posted transactions by tuesday...as for the payments tho, it shows up directly on the payment history if it's scheduled...and i always get a payment email the day after it posts...the cell phone text tho is something else...lol...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 13
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Barclay's is like that. Worse though is Paypal MC you can't View any pending transaction only available credit. The best that i have found is Amex. I logged into app after putting card into reader on gas pump and showed pending of 100. After finished instant correct amount. I think all cards should be like Amex. Even discover leaves gas at 1.00 pending till it post.
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.