Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays product change regret-UPDATE

tag
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays product change regret-UPDATE

@jsucool76 wrote:

Barclay's gave me 10k arrival "miles" to PC from my UPromise card to the no AF Arrival. 

They called it a "transfer bonus" or "conversion bonus" or something. It was in the disclosures the CSR read to me when I changed. 

That's awesome! Why did you switch? UPromise has some amazing cashback rewards. I was satisfied with 6,000 miles, but not the initial 1,000 they offered me. I've only had the card 1 month. CLI $1,500>$4,000 as well. I think they have been good to me. 

|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skorpyo3 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Barclay's gave me 10k arrival "miles" to PC from my UPromise card to the no AF Arrival. 

They called it a "transfer bonus" or "conversion bonus" or something. It was in the disclosures the CSR read to me when I changed. 

That's awesome! Why did you switch? UPromise has some amazing cashback rewards. I was satisfied with 6,000 miles, but not the initial 1,000 they offered me. I've only had the card 1 month. CLI $1,500>$4,000 as well. I think they have been good to me. 

But jsucool76 missed out on a net 10k pts since you get 20k signup bonus for Arrival after meeting 1k spend. But i guess if you didnt want to go thru the trouble of closing out a card, then the PC is ok.

Message 12 of 17
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@skorpyo3 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

But jsucool76 missed out on a net 10k pts since you get 20k signup bonus for Arrival after meeting 1k spend. But i guess if you didnt want to go thru the trouble of closing out a card, then the PC is ok.

At some point our CRs and our AAoAs need a breather - for the next Citi Prestige deal Smiley Wink

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 13 of 17
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skorpyo3 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

At some point our CRs and our AAoAs need a breather - for the next Citi Prestige deal Smiley Wink

True dat! Smiley Very Happy

|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 14 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@amex007: it still got me $100 off my Disney annual pass. lol.

I switched from the upromise card cause I wasn't really using it. rewards also took forever to redeem.
Message 15 of 17
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Reading this makes me wonder if I should attempt to PC my rewards to a sallie mae. 

Message 16 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@skorpyo3 wrote:

Do you think it's possible to switch back to my original product? I think I may have made a mistake thinking my new product was an upgrade. PC'd Barclays MC Rewards>Barclays Arrival (No AF version). I really don't travel too much. Was just excited to be offered a higher tiered card. Please advise. This is really bothering me. Smiley Sad Thank you.

Update: Called and spoke with Resolutions Manager. He said PC is in transition, and no way to change back. He said I'd have to wait for another offer in the future. He did, however, reward me with 5,000 bonus points, in addition to 1,000 points on first use of card for accepting the PC. I immediately redeemed the bonus points(5,000), in addition to points I had accrued from current billing period(775 points that I was actually going to lose after PC) for a statement credit($28). The bonus points I was rewarded were enough for 2500 minimum points redemption.  I guess I can live with this for now. Smiley Happy

I'm not familiar with the Barclay Rewards card but what does it give you that the Arrival cant?

I always just think of the Barclay Rewards card as a lower card.

Apart from cash back vs travel-restricted redemption, they also offer different 2% categories (remember this is the Arrival, no Arrival +)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.