Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays question

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Barclays question

Thinking of aping for the Arrival card......8 inquiries on Tu with FICO 738.......last app was  6/17/14...... I have the Barclays rewards card with 6k limit......what are my chances for approval?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays question

I do a search on whogavemecredit.com. That and the credit database pulls (google), tells me the chances.

Like to research higher tier cards. You'll find some reviews on credit karma also.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's website has a pre-approval section for credit cards.  So just fill it out & see what it says.  I just did it earlier 30 mins ago.  But the problem is, I can't tell if I'm truly Pre-Approved or if I'm not...because sometimes they are not genuine Pre-Approvals & just ad offers & you can get declined.

Message 3 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Whats your aaoa and util? Anything neg on cr?
Message 4 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay's website has a pre-approval section for credit cards.  So just fill it out & see what it says.  I just did it earlier 30 mins ago.  But the problem is, I can't tell if I'm truly Pre-Approved or if I'm not...because sometimes they are not genuine Pre-Approvals & just ad offers & you can get declined.

Barclays pre qual site is almost useless. If it says congrats. Then good chance anything else's is just 50/50 chance. Roll of dice. 

Message 5 of 11
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Whats your aaoa and util? Anything neg on cr?

Aaoa 3 years......neg are a 30 d late over 3 yrs old...util 7%...... Lots of new credit over past year though, that's why I'm hesitant.

Message 6 of 11
Scupra
Super Contributor

How long have you had your current Barclay card for?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

How many inq in the last 6 months? Decent income?

I think you have a pretty good shot at it. I think they tend to frown upon lates within the last 2 years more so than if they're older. Their computers are more forgiving about new accts than the analysts.
Message 8 of 11
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Had my current card a little over a year........income 150k

Message 9 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

When I app'd my income was half of yours, twice as many new accts, Fico was 775 and no negs. Approved the following day for $10k. It went to pending and I chose to wait due to new accts. I did have an auto loan that was about 2 years matured and about 3% total util. Hopefully it helps you decide.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.