cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays recon Approved, later denied!!

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays recon Approved, later denied!!

@n777ua wrote:

I'd be disputing those 2nd inq's as well.  This is seriously crazy, but par for the course as far as Barclay's is concerned.  They CLD'd me for opening a new account not long after I opened theirs.  The day after my MacBook Pro was paid off they closed the account.  (It did show at consumers request on CR)...but whatever.

Wow can you give me the timelines of how that happened?
After how many statements did they CLD you?
And after how many statements did they close your account?

Did they call or email you beforehand?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Barclays is known to cld or even close accounts for a new account being opened before 6-12 have passed after they opened yours. It usually happens after a few accounts though, not one.
Message 12 of 24
n777ua
Established Contributor

This was a few years back, not long after Barclays started doing the Apple financing.

I was approved for $2800, spent $2600.  Opened a new tradeline with a $10k limit a few weeks, maybe 6 weeks, later.  CLD'd to $2300 (bal was $2250), a couple of statements CLD'd to $1800 (bal was $1730).  Paid off MacBook Pro and I believe my account was closed within a couple of days.  ( I want to say this was 2009 the more I think about it, and there was that major "credit crunch" ).  I can't remember what the letter stated that I received, it wasn't a nastygram but something like I had sufficient credit with other lenders relative to stated income.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 13 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah I see. Hopefully it was because of the tech crunch, rather than it was about you.

I have a good feeling they're not going to leave me alone as it is however lol.

Have you tried re-applying for anything with barclays after that?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 24
Mshaham

I am furious just attempting to maintain professionalism while dealing with them.

The reason they decided to revoke the recon was due to too many recent inquires and credit to income. I am currently on 11 inqs and 3% utilization.

If this does show on my report I will without a doubt dispute with cb.
Message 15 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@Mshaham wrote:
I am furious just attempting to maintain professionalism while dealing with them.

The reason they decided to revoke the recon was due to too many recent inquires and credit to income. I am currently on 11 inqs and 3% utilization.

If this does show on my report I will without a doubt dispute with cb.

do you have a lot of credit extended to you? 

well it depends on how much you want an account with them (i'm guessing you really don't want them at this point), but if u do still want an account with them, you can always offer to close some other accounts to lower your overall CL. Not really worth it though, unless you really want an account.

They are known to be inquiry sensitive as well, and they're pretty anal in a bad way about it.

Regardless, they pretty much trolled you hard with the way they handled things. I would recommend you call again and honestly just try to have them cut you some slack for all the trouble they made you go through.

Message 16 of 24
Mshaham

I have a total of 32k across 12 credit cards and an amex green with NPSL. I was in the process of purchasing a MacBook and was advised if opening an apple account it is interest free, so I did some research and noticed it is issued hy Barclays I haven't app'd in a while and have been denied by them in the past for "too many inq" so I used this opportunity to app. I really think I can go about life without this account. I just feel as if though I should be given a better explanation of what is really happening.
Message 17 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

I definitely agree, and I would be pissed too if they did this to me. Definitely call in tomorrow. They can't possibly just leave you hanging like this.

Message 18 of 24
n777ua
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Have you tried re-applying for anything with barclays after that?

Nope.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 19 of 24
Mshaham

Re: Barclays recon Approved, later denied!!--UPDATE

After contacting the EO for Barclays the extremely polite assistant was extremely concered regarding what happened. After explaining what happen twice he then placed me on a brief hold and came back onto the line and asked "since approval with Barclays have you applied to any other cards or recieved significant CLI?" I said no. He then ask for all the documents I have already submitted (financial statments) and he placed me on hold for approximately 5 minutes came back on the line and advised he needed to get back to me. Sure enough about 2 hours later he called back and said he could not find any reason after manual review of approval to then be denied he commented on my knowledge of reconsideration...He advised due to too many inq the application should have never been turned over. I said well I now have two inq for one app on my cr + a new account showing. He said I understand your position and after manual review with his team they concluded for all the trouble and ability to provide financial statements in such short period of time indicated a high level of responsibility and everything on my credit report is on track. They we able to approve me for $8,500.00!! my first barclays card and highest limit so far!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.