Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Barclays recon Approved, later denied!!--UPDATE

Mshaham wrote:

After contacting the EO for Barclays the extremely polite assistant was extremely concered regarding what happened. After explaining what happen twice he then placed me on a brief hold and came back onto the line and asked "since approval with Barclays have you applied to any other cards or recieved significant CLI?" I said no. He then ask for all the documents I have already submitted (financial statments) and he placed me on hold for approximately 5 minutes came back on the line and advised he needed to get back to me. Sure enough about 2 hours later he called back and said he could not find any reason after manual review of approval to then be denied he commented on my knowledge of reconsideration...He advised due to too many inq the application should have never been turned over. I said well I now have two inq for one app on my cr + a new account showing. He said I understand your position and after manual review with his team they concluded for all the trouble and ability to provide financial statements in such short period of time indicated a high level of responsibility and everything on my credit report is on track. They we able to approve me for $8,500.00!! my first barclays card and highest limit so far!

Congrats 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Super Contributor
enharu

Mshaham wrote:

After contacting the EO for Barclays the extremely polite assistant was extremely concered regarding what happened. After explaining what happen twice he then placed me on a brief hold and came back onto the line and asked "since approval with Barclays have you applied to any other cards or recieved significant CLI?" I said no. He then ask for all the documents I have already submitted (financial statments) and he placed me on hold for approximately 5 minutes came back on the line and advised he needed to get back to me. Sure enough about 2 hours later he called back and said he could not find any reason after manual review of approval to then be denied he commented on my knowledge of reconsideration...He advised due to too many inq the application should have never been turned over. I said well I now have two inq for one app on my cr + a new account showing. He said I understand your position and after manual review with his team they concluded for all the trouble and ability to provide financial statements in such short period of time indicated a high level of responsibility and everything on my credit report is on track. They we able to approve me for $8,500.00!! my first barclays card and highest limit so far!

Very big grats!

At least they came through finally and gave you a nice CL. Guess the trouble was worth it :smileyhappy:

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

Mshaham wrote:

Woohoo!! Congrats!! Your persistence paid off.

New Contributor
primechicken

Wow, nicely done!

Amex BCE 6k; Amex Hhonors 4k; Quicksilver 3.5k; Chase Freedom 3k; Desert Schools 3k; Bank Americard 1.5k; Discover IT 1k; Sallie Mae 650
Lowe's 9k; Sam's Club 8.5k; Walmart 4k; Chevron 2k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+