Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays recon Approved, later denied!!

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays recon Approved, later denied!!--UPDATE

@Mshaham wrote:

After contacting the EO for Barclays the extremely polite assistant was extremely concered regarding what happened. After explaining what happen twice he then placed me on a brief hold and came back onto the line and asked "since approval with Barclays have you applied to any other cards or recieved significant CLI?" I said no. He then ask for all the documents I have already submitted (financial statments) and he placed me on hold for approximately 5 minutes came back on the line and advised he needed to get back to me. Sure enough about 2 hours later he called back and said he could not find any reason after manual review of approval to then be denied he commented on my knowledge of reconsideration...He advised due to too many inq the application should have never been turned over. I said well I now have two inq for one app on my cr + a new account showing. He said I understand your position and after manual review with his team they concluded for all the trouble and ability to provide financial statements in such short period of time indicated a high level of responsibility and everything on my credit report is on track. They we able to approve me for $8,500.00!! my first barclays card and highest limit so far!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@Mshaham wrote:

After contacting the EO for Barclays the extremely polite assistant was extremely concered regarding what happened. After explaining what happen twice he then placed me on a brief hold and came back onto the line and asked "since approval with Barclays have you applied to any other cards or recieved significant CLI?" I said no. He then ask for all the documents I have already submitted (financial statments) and he placed me on hold for approximately 5 minutes came back on the line and advised he needed to get back to me. Sure enough about 2 hours later he called back and said he could not find any reason after manual review of approval to then be denied he commented on my knowledge of reconsideration...He advised due to too many inq the application should have never been turned over. I said well I now have two inq for one app on my cr + a new account showing. He said I understand your position and after manual review with his team they concluded for all the trouble and ability to provide financial statements in such short period of time indicated a high level of responsibility and everything on my credit report is on track. They we able to approve me for $8,500.00!! my first barclays card and highest limit so far!

Very big grats!

At least they came through finally and gave you a nice CL. Guess the trouble was worth it Smiley Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 22 of 24
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Mshaham wrote:

Woohoo!! Congrats!! Your persistence paid off.

Message 23 of 24
primechicken
Contributor

Wow, nicely done!

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.