Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays recon department is the best

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Barclays recon department is the best

So I have gotten two Barclays cards and I wasn't to happy that I chose the bjs visa and I wanted to buy iPhone 4 s unlocked so I applied for the apple card and was declined as usual and when I called recon I was told that the two new cards I had put them at maximum exposure and told me to all in 6 months so I gave up for a at or two and then I got bored and called again and spoke to a guy named Matt which is funny my name is Matt and I told him what I wanted to do and I went over my credit report with him answered a couple questions and told him I wanted to buy an iPad and didn't really want the Bjs card so he told me that he could bring the bjs card into the apple card then I was like ya that's great but 500 cl doesn't get an iPad so he was like very true and told me he was going to bump the cl to 1000 hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahh after being told many times by them they couldn't do a cli he did it with no issue so now I'm up to 1500 cl with Barclays and I haven't even got my cards yet hehe
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays recon department is the best

Whew, that was one large internet breath but congratulations with your Barclays success!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
Guava
Established Contributor

Congrats! Nice goin'!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

I, too, agree that Barclays' recon department is great.  I was privy to this last month (or was it two months ago?) when I successfully reconed the initial denial when I apped for the Priceline Visa, which I love.  I was just on Barclays' website and was trying to determine if I should app for their Rewards MasterCard--I'm only considering it because I've closed my Cap One MasterCard (which was secured) and would like to have a respectable MasterCard to replace it.  And since Barclays was so generous to me, I'm hoping they'd grant me the card.  However, I think I'm going to wait until I've had the Priceline card for at least 6 months, even though I am using it heavily and making multiple payments during the month.  I want them to see more usage and payment history from me so that hopefully they'll give me a larger limit than the Priceline--which is $1,500. 

Message 4 of 7
dalebb
Valued Contributor

i went for the barclays amex travelocity card,,, if im going to get a new card i want it to back date,,, when it reports il let u know if it did

Message 5 of 7
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Travelocity Amex will not backdate.  Only cards issued through American Express, provided you were a cardmember in the past with them.  Barclays issues this card, and has no participation in backdating co-branded Amex cards that they issue. It will show up as a newly opened tradeline.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 7
dalebb
Valued Contributor

damnSmiley Mad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.