Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

tag
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

I was denied yesterday online so I spoke to a rep this morning and after a few simple questions, approved.

She asked what I planned to purchase (iPad2) and then asked which price model.  I stated the $529 one (I think that's the price) so my credit limit is $750...

should I call back and ask for a higher limit or just be happy with what I have?  My TU is 641 with 1 baddie (First Premier from 5 years ago).  Any suggestions?

Oh - and if I do call back for a higher CL, what should I say the reason is?  I guess I don't want to push my luck since I was finally APPROVED!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

@casmith1980 wrote:

I was denied yesterday online so I spoke to a rep this morning and after a few simple questions, approved.

She asked what I planned to purchase (iPad2) and then asked which price model.  I stated the $529 one (I think that's the price) so my credit limit is $750...

should I call back and ask for a higher limit or just be happy with what I have?  My TU is 641 with 1 baddie (First Premier from 5 years ago).  Any suggestions?

Oh - and if I do call back for a higher CL, what should I say the reason is?  I guess I don't want to push my luck since I was finally APPROVED!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Hmm...never had a recon of the recon question about Barclay...if you do call back, I might now get too ambitious...maybe ask for $1000. Anyone else have any thoughts?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 2 of 20
GCSCORE
Valued Member

I'd get the actual price on the iPad and see if you need a higher CL to buy it.  If you do, then I'd call back and give it another try saying that you were incorrect on the price and see what (if anything) they will do to increase your CL.

Starting Score: 650's
Current Score: 729
Goal Score: 751

Message 3 of 20
casmith1980
Established Contributor

@GCSCORE wrote:

I'd get the actual price on the iPad and see if you need a higher CL to buy it.  If you do, then I'd call back and give it another try saying that you were incorrect on the price and see what (if anything) they will do to increase your CL.

Good idea.  I might not need the increase to begin with Smiley Happy 

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15

Message 4 of 20
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@casmith1980 wrote:

@GCSCORE wrote:

Good idea.  I might not need the increase to begin with Smiley Happy 

Yes...and from what I've read here, if you garden after that card...use it and pay it off...after 6 months they are good with the CLIs Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 5 of 20
casmith1980
Established Contributor

one more kind of stupid question...

in order to get the 6 month 0% financing, do I have to buy it from apple.com or can I purchase at let's say, Best Buy?

(sorry if this is a silly question, I just want to make sure before I make the purchase)

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15

Message 6 of 20
Smug
Established Contributor

Apple only
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 7 of 20
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Thanks Smug!!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15

Message 8 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

I need two macbook pro, wonder if they would give me a $4k CL Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I was considering telling them I'm in the market for a new iPhone and iPad...but I dont' want to push my luck.  My iPhone 4 works great so there isn't a need for the 4s.

I have an iMac which I love, but I like the convenience of an iPad.

Decisions, decisions.

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.