Reply
Established Contributor
casmith1980
Posts: 633
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

I was denied yesterday online so I spoke to a rep this morning and after a few simple questions, approved.

 

She asked what I planned to purchase (iPad2) and then asked which price model.  I stated the $529 one (I think that's the price) so my credit limit is $750...

 

should I call back and ask for a higher limit or just be happy with what I have?  My TU is 641 with 1 baddie (First Premier from 5 years ago).  Any suggestions?

 

 

Oh - and if I do call back for a higher CL, what should I say the reason is?  I guess I don't want to push my luck since I was finally APPROVED!!!!  :smileyvery-happy:

EQ Fico 2009 500's
TU Fico 2009 500's

EQ Fico 04/10/2012 663 (SW alert)
TU Fico 04/13/2012 653 (Walmart)

Goal: 760 by 12/2013 and close on my first house :smileyvery-happy:

Goal - 720 by 12/31/12
Established Contributor
CreditCrusader
Posts: 799
Registered: ‎09-27-2011
0

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!


casmith1980 wrote:

I was denied yesterday online so I spoke to a rep this morning and after a few simple questions, approved.

 

She asked what I planned to purchase (iPad2) and then asked which price model.  I stated the $529 one (I think that's the price) so my credit limit is $750...

 

should I call back and ask for a higher limit or just be happy with what I have?  My TU is 641 with 1 baddie (First Premier from 5 years ago).  Any suggestions?

 

 

Oh - and if I do call back for a higher CL, what should I say the reason is?  I guess I don't want to push my luck since I was finally APPROVED!!!!  :smileyvery-happy:


Hmm...never had a recon of the recon question about Barclay...if you do call back, I might now get too ambitious...maybe ask for $1000. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
GCSCORE
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎09-13-2009
0

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

I'd get the actual price on the iPad and see if you need a higher CL to buy it.  If you do, then I'd call back and give it another try saying that you were incorrect on the price and see what (if anything) they will do to increase your CL.


Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
casmith1980
Posts: 633
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!


GCSCORE wrote:

I'd get the actual price on the iPad and see if you need a higher CL to buy it.  If you do, then I'd call back and give it another try saying that you were incorrect on the price and see what (if anything) they will do to increase your CL.



Good idea.  I might not need the increase to begin with :smileyhappy: 

EQ Fico 2009 500's
TU Fico 2009 500's

EQ Fico 04/10/2012 663 (SW alert)
TU Fico 04/13/2012 653 (Walmart)

Goal: 760 by 12/2013 and close on my first house :smileyvery-happy:

Goal - 720 by 12/31/12
Established Contributor
CreditCrusader
Posts: 799
Registered: ‎09-27-2011
0

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!


casmith1980 wrote:

GCSCORE wrote:

I'd get the actual price on the iPad and see if you need a higher CL to buy it.  If you do, then I'd call back and give it another try saying that you were incorrect on the price and see what (if anything) they will do to increase your CL.



Good idea.  I might not need the increase to begin with :smileyhappy: 


Yes...and from what I've read here, if you garden after that card...use it and pay it off...after 6 months they are good with the CLIs :smileyhappy:

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
casmith1980
Posts: 633
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

one more kind of stupid question...

 

in order to get the 6 month 0% financing, do I have to buy it from apple.com or can I purchase at let's say, Best Buy?

 

(sorry if this is a silly question, I just want to make sure before I make the purchase)

EQ Fico 2009 500's
TU Fico 2009 500's

EQ Fico 04/10/2012 663 (SW alert)
TU Fico 04/13/2012 653 (Walmart)

Goal: 760 by 12/2013 and close on my first house :smileyvery-happy:

Goal - 720 by 12/31/12
Established Contributor
Smug
Posts: 961
Registered: ‎12-21-2010
0

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

Apple only
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Established Contributor
casmith1980
Posts: 633
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

Thanks Smug!!

 

 

EQ Fico 2009 500's
TU Fico 2009 500's

EQ Fico 04/10/2012 663 (SW alert)
TU Fico 04/13/2012 653 (Walmart)

Goal: 760 by 12/2013 and close on my first house :smileyvery-happy:

Goal - 720 by 12/31/12
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,548
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

I need two macbook pro, wonder if they would give me a $4k CL :smileyhappy:




Established Contributor
casmith1980
Posts: 633
Registered: ‎03-20-2010
0

Re: Barclays recon worked for me too!!!!

I was considering telling them I'm in the market for a new iPhone and iPad...but I dont' want to push my luck.  My iPhone 4 works great so there isn't a need for the 4s.

 

I have an iMac which I love, but I like the convenience of an iPad.

 

Decisions, decisions.

EQ Fico 2009 500's
TU Fico 2009 500's

EQ Fico 04/10/2012 663 (SW alert)
TU Fico 04/13/2012 653 (Walmart)

Goal: 760 by 12/2013 and close on my first house :smileyvery-happy:

Goal - 720 by 12/31/12

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+