Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays report new account in 1 day??

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Barclays report new account in 1 day??

Well just checked my email. Said alert from credit sesame. Mind you I have 3 b monitoring here at my fico. Nothing. Says new account added.  Damn. I just applied night before last. 26 hours later it is already on my report. How the hell. Walmart is not that fast. I got discover 6 weeks ago. Still nothing. Wow. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays report new account in 1 day??

I don't know exactly how fast, but I have noticed it is very quick. My husband applied for the SM, and it was showing within the week.

Message 2 of 26
dilettante
Established Contributor

That was my experience as well.  My Arrival+ account showed up next day after the account was approved. Funny thing is Scorewatch states that the account has a opening date 1 day before I applied.

My Barclay account was opened, statement generated and reported to Experian CR in less than a month.  They are super fast!

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dilettante wrote:

That was my experience as well.  My Arrival+ account showed up next day after the account was approved. Funny thing is Scorewatch states that the account has a opening date 1 day before I applied.

My Barclay account was opened, statement generated and reported to Experian CR in less than a month.  They are super fast!

Barclays has psychic powers. They made you apply lol

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for the SM card last week and the new account is still not showing yet.
Message 5 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

Where are you looking for alert. I did not get alert from myfico. I got I from credit sesame.
Message 6 of 26
dilettante
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
Where are you looking for alert. I did not get alert from myfico. I got I from credit sesame.

I have Score Watch from MyFico which monitors EQ.  The alert for a new account was received 3 days after I applied. 

Message 7 of 26
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Well just checked my email. Said alert from credit sesame. Mind you I have 3 b monitoring here at my fico. Nothing. Says new account added.  Damn. I just applied night before last. 26 hours later it is already on my report. How the hell. Walmart is not that fast. I got discover 6 weeks ago. Still nothing. Wow. 

Scorewatch does not report the same day. There's a lag. But it will report a day or two later. Keep an eye out Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 26
dilettante
Established Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Scorewatch does not report the same day. There's a lag. But it will report a day or two later. Keep an eye out Smiley Happy

+1 . Protect my ID (which I got free because of the Target breach) is very fast with alerts. I usually receive alerts same day or the very next morning of changes on my Experian report. So for me, Barclay reported to Experian right away. 

Message 9 of 26
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

+1 . Protect my ID (which I got free because of the Target breach) is very fast with alerts. I usually receive alerts same day or the very next morning of changes on my Experian report. So for me, Barclay reported to Experian right away. 

Yes. They are really fast! My Citi reported a balance decrease on the 6th. I got an alert from Ex on the 7th via SW. And for EQ, I got one on the 10th. It works, it just takes a while to populate the result and send out the alert. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.