cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays report on Authorized Users Credit Report?

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Barclays report on Authorized Users Credit Report?

I want to add my wife to my Barclays card account and want to know if it will report to their credit reports.

When I went to do it online, it just asked for name to put on card - not for her SSN to report.

Any ideas? It's the Barclays Rewards MasterCard
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays report on Authorized Users Credit Report?

mine did

Message 2 of 7
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

How without asking for a SSN?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 7
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

Barclaycard does report to AU's credit report. Banks often use public record to find a match with AU's credit report/profile. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 4 of 7
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

yes they do report to the 3 BIGS, just go on their website and add an authorized user, they just ask for the name.. i added my GF to mine barclays and its on her 3 CRA. maybe because she lives with me and her CRA has same address as me

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 7
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Got ya.

Thanks guys!
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. I asked the same question last year. Below is what I received from Barclaycard.  I just added the wife as an AU. I have nothing to lose.

Dear xxxxxx :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding your account.

The authorized user is not financially responsible on the account. When adding an authorized user to your account It will not affect or help there credit in any way, it will only report that they are being added to the account as an authorized user. We apologize for the confusion, and hope that we have been able to clarify the situation.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Customer xxxxxxx via CSS Web 09/24/2013 08:27 AM
How are you going to add the tradeline to her CBR without her social security number? You have only asked me for her DOB and name. I am interested in her having the authorized user tradeline on her CBR.

Response Customer Service via Email 09/23/2013 11:34 PM
Dear XXXXXXX :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Rewards Platinum MasterCard. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the authorized user on your account.

The authorized user is not financially responsible on the account where he/she was added; however, his/her activities are being reported to the credit bureau. As such, it should indicate on the report that they are only being added to the account. This process do not impact the overall status of the account nor the account's standing would affect the rating of the authorized user. We hope that we have been able to clarify the situation. Should you wish to add her as an authorized user, please respond with this e-mail and provide her name and date of birth so we can process your request.

She will then have all the capabilities you have on the account with a few exceptions.

Authorized Users Cannot:

-Close the account
-Reinstate closed accounts
-Add additional authorized users
-Request credit line changes
-Register for website access

In addition, Primary Cardholders will be financially responsible for transactions made by authorized users on the account.

You can also add authorized user online by selecting "Authorized users" category on the "Account settings" tab. We hope you find this information helpful.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Customer xxxxxx via CSS Web 09/23/2013 06:06 PM
If I add my wife as an authorized user will Barclaycard report to her CBR?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.