Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays report updating lagging

Still not updated................Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 46
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

I think Barclays is having computer issues. I made a payment om 3/2 in the early morning hours from Barclays website. It was my closing date. Statement reflects the payment. I paid AMEX at the same time. Barclays has not hit my bank account even as a pending transaction, and it usually does by now.  AMEX is completely cleared. They have not even collected their money from me because of what ever is going on there. 

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 22 of 46
JustJen
Regular Contributor

There was no problem posting my payment around 2/17....still no update. I hope they get whatever is going on resolved quickly!

Message 23 of 46
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

I think Barclays is having computer issues. I made a payment om 3/2 in the early morning hours from Barclays website. It was my closing date. Statement reflects the payment. I paid AMEX at the same time. Barclays has not hit my bank account even as a pending transaction, and it usually does by now.  AMEX is completely cleared. They have not even collected their money from me because of what ever is going on there. 

Agreed... my payment made on 3/3 is still "processing". My statement closes today, I will be ever so Smiley Mad if my statement close shows a balance. I got a letter in the mail a few days ago, saying they were having issues and that any late fees and interest charged due to their system issues will be credited to those it applies to. Well i'm not worried about late fees or interest, but I don't want to report a balance..just that simple.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 24 of 46
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@aamex wrote:

Agreed... my payment made on 3/3 is still "processing". My statement closes today, I will be ever so Smiley Mad if my statement close shows a balance. I got a letter in the mail a few days ago, saying they were having issues and that any late fees and interest charged due to their system issues will be credited to those it applies to. Well i'm not worried about late fees or interest, but I don't want to report a balance..just that simple.

Hmm...I didn't get this letter, maybe it is just some computer issue.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 46
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@aamex wrote:

Well, that makes it official. They recognize the problem and will make good.

My payment showed up in my balance and applied in the online statement, available to view the next morning. YMMV.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 26 of 46
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Keep in mind this is just my opinion as a Barclay Apple VISA holder, and everything is almost always YMMV...

I think that getting what you want from a Barclay card - whether we're talking CL, PC, or even approval itself - is solely contingent upon a business model that strengthens the company's relationship with the products they are branded with.

For example, when I applied they denied me online. When I called to recon, at first the rep told me I should wait about 6 months and apply again. I told the rep I was disappointed, as I had planned on buying my wife an Apple laptop for Christmas and would now be shopping PC options.

The rep asked me if I would hold...then came back and said "You know what? I'm going to approve you. Do you know how much the laptop is going to cost?".

I told him around $1,000 (didn't want to get greedy)...he approved $1,300.

Point is, the rep saw that Apple might lose business...then approved someone who was a fringe applicant. An above poster used a similar tactic:

"They wouldn't like me PC to itunes, so I told them I would just keep the card in my drawer since it had no rewards and I have a macbook, iphone, apple tv and dont need anymore apple products. So then the CSR offered me that card."

Branded cards MUST result in increased sales...it's part of keeping a successful business relationship between retailer and lender. Sure, the lender may assume a little more risk, but that's what you sign on for when you agree to handle the financing options for a company like Apple and its $545.18 market value. I'm perfectly happy using this variable to get what I want out of lenders like Barclay. Lord knows they get what they want out of us! Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 27 of 46
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Barclays website is a hot mess right now. I paid my balance of $179 off on the day my statement was cut. They processed the payment but reported a $7.22 balance. According to my on-line account, the $7.22 balance is an interest charge. How do they figure I owe $7.22 in interest on a $179 charge (which was allegedly processed before the statement cut anyways)?

I believe my APR is 23%, so interest of $179 would be approximately $3.00 for the month -- not $7.22. But again, there should be no interest at all if they processed my payment in time.

I sent them a secured message so hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 28 of 46
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Keep in mind this is just my opinion as a Barclay Apple VISA holder, and everything is almost always YMMV...

I think that getting what you want from a Barclay card - whether we're talking CL, PC, or even approval itself - is solely contingent upon a business model that strengthens the company's relationship with the products they are branded with.

For example, when I applied they denied me online. When I called to recon, at first the rep told me I should wait about 6 months and apply again. I told the rep I was disappointed, as I had planned on buying my wife an Apple laptop for Christmas and would now be shopping PC options.

The rep asked me if I would hold...then came back and said "You know what? I'm going to approve you. Do you know how much the laptop is going to cost?".

I told him around $1,000 (didn't want to get greedy)...he approved $1,300.

Point is, the rep saw that Apple might lose business...then approved someone who was a fringe applicant. An above poster used a similar tactic:

"They wouldn't like me PC to itunes, so I told them I would just keep the card in my drawer since it had no rewards and I have a macbook, iphone, apple tv and dont need anymore apple products. So then the CSR offered me that card."

Branded cards MUST result in increased sales...it's part of keeping a successful business relationship between retailer and lender. Sure, the lender may assume a little more risk, but that's what you sign on for when you agree to handle the financing options for a company like Apple and its $545.18 market value. I'm perfectly happy using this variable to get what I want out of lenders like Barclay. Lord knows they get what they want out of us! Smiley Very Happy

Say it again, say it again! I've used IMHO I feel like I shouldn't have a card that doesn't suit my needs. So, I will product change, upgrade, ask for lower APRs and higher CLs, until my heart is content..because at the end of the day. I am making the purchases with the merchants and payments to the lender to make them whole. Smiley Happy

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised Barclay has not shut me down yet, I got the card 5/2011 and have used it twice, one charge for 400 PIF as soon as it posted to my account (this was like in June 2011) and I used it at the pharmacy about 6 months ago for a whopping 10 (also PIF as soon as it hit my online account).

I really am surprised they have not closed my account due to inactivity.

Maybe I'll use it this week for something small.

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.