Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays report updating lagging

tag
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclays report updating lagging

I don't let my Barclays statement cut with a balance (I pay my balance down to 0 as soon as my account shows a balance), but it looks like my balance of 200+ got reported for the one day I had the balance on the account 2 months ago, and my credit report is still showing $200.  It's a bummer since I have a credit limit of 500 so it looks like I'm close to maxing.  Has anyone still had lags in the updating CRA?

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 46
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Every time I see someone post something positive about Barclays I just want to yell at them! lol...Horrible experience with barclays and yes, their reporting has been screwed up for a while. My wife and I closed our accounts in early April and paid them off then but they are still showing balances with TU in mid-June.

Message 42 of 46
psychoinhell
Regular Contributor

Like any other organization there is good and bad in dealing with them and those who deal with them. 

Starting Score: 600ish in 2007
Highest Score to date: EQ 716 May 2012(lender pull)
Current Score: EQ 685 6-21-12 ; Walmart TU Fico 744 6-05-12
Goal Score: 801
Message 43 of 46
hyprble
Regular Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:

Every time I see someone post something positive about Barclays I just want to yell at them! lol...Horrible experience with barclays and yes, their reporting has been screwed up for a while. My wife and I closed our accounts in early April and paid them off then but they are still showing balances with TU in mid-June.

I'm glad a lot of people have had positive experiences with Barclays, but unfortunately I have bad experiences with them.  I do get tempted by their 0% apr offers with 1% bt fee, but the 500 CL I have is too low for me to take advantage without maxing the card.  I am mostly sad I wasted an inquiry when I applied for the 0% Apple 12mo financing offer, and they gave me $500 which only qualified me for 6 months (I ended up using another card to purchase my computer).  When I tried to recon for a higher CL they told me to wait.  Then the next time (a year later) I asked for a CLI (after the rep confirmed I would not get a hard inquiry) they denied and still gave me a HP.  I sock drawered the card, then used it for some gas for a 5% gas promotion (guess it takes over 8 weeks to post to my account?), and I paid some utilities just to put more activity on the card.  I checked my account every day because I wanted to pay off the $200 as soon as it hit the account, but go figure the day the balance was on my card (statement didn't cut yet) they reported $200 to my CRA.  My balance has been at 0 for a while, but it's still reporting at $200.  Oh well - sorry I just needed to vent Smiley Happy  I know some very nice people who work for Barclays, so I don't want to trash talk them, but for me personally, I may just have to stick the card back in the drawer.

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 46
SlabOfBacon
New Contributor

Same boat here. They have been the worst card company for me. 24.99% (my highest rate) and they were trigger happy to CLD me after a brief bad spell in my life last year. Also very slow to report.. still showing a balance even though the card has been paid off for over 2 statements. Their new web interface is ghastly... Barclays Apple Visa, welcome to the sock drawer. The %0 on Apple stuff will tempt me to use it every so often, but I'll PIF anyway.

Creditkeeper 6/12
TU: 678
EQ: 665
EX: 673
Walmart FICO: 680 (6/12)
Message 45 of 46
Tricky3
Valued Member

It appears to me that they are happy to report me maxing out the card to get a new MacBook mid-June.  Now I have completely paid the MacBook off (it was a company expense) and have a balace under $300.00 but still no update.  When they reported the update July 3 or so my source dropped big time since not only did I max the card out but went over the limit by about $600.

I have other cards that appear to do the same, as soon as the balance is higher than the previous month a update is sent.  You make a big payment or pay off, then no update goes out for months!  I even paid a card off, not use it for months and then use it again with (higher balance) - during that time it never showed paid off but sure enough it updated when my balance was higher than the before paid off balance. 

Seems fishy to me...

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.