Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays rewards card

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays rewards card

Well, you got the Barclay's, so you should just garden for 6 mos. Barclay's is VERY sensitive to new accts being opened after theirs, and they are notorious for closing accts. because of it.

Charge something every month on it and PIF, either before the statement cuts or by the due date. Then in 6 mos., you should be in a much better position to get a card you want and/or a CLI w/Barclay's.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 17
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@bichonmom wrote:

Well, you got the Barclay's, so you should just garden for 6 mos. Barclay's is VERY sensitive to new accts being opened after theirs, and they are notorious for closing accts. because of it.

Charge something every month on it and PIF, either before the statement cuts or by the due date. Then in 6 mos., you should be in a much better position to get a card you want and/or a CLI w/Barclay's.

+1

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ccnewb23 wrote:

Hello,

I called them back and they told me I have a limited credit history. I have 2 cards, a chase card that was opened and well maintained 12 years ago and a bank of america secured card from about 6 months ago. No late payments and low utl.

I basically stepped out of using credit for awhile until I got that bofa secured card. I read on here that I should have at least 6 months history before I try to apply for anything.

Like I said, I was initially denied but got approved only after calling in. Both the analysists told me that my credit has a limited history but the score is very high. Odd combination.

Time to garden for a year and set yourself up for good TL's!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 17
krisg88
New Contributor

is anyone that has this card willing to say what there specific situation was when they were approved? i will be applying to barclays within 30 days and cant decide if i should go for the apple card or the rewards card? do you think the qualifacations are the same for both cards??

Message 14 of 17
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I applied for the rewards, denied, then I applied for the Apple, and got 1300 limit. I have heard thru this forum that the rewards card is harder to get.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 15 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

I have the apple card, how easy is the priceline card?

Message 16 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I have the apple card, how easy is the priceline card?

Should be along the lines of the Apple card maybe a little stronger profile wanted.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.