Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays rewards credit limit

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Barclays rewards credit limit

What is the highest limit anyone has seen for the Barclays rewards card ? I have the one for average credit. I don't know if there would be a top out limit for the average card versus the excellent card

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays rewards credit limit

I know this thread is slightly old but i was wondering the same thing. Like whats the Initial CL given and did you recon it higher?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 22
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
I know this thread is slightly old but i was wondering the same thing. Like whats the Initial CL given and did you recon it higher?

I was approved in January for the Rewards card for excellent credit and received a $6900 CL. It was my highest line at the time and I did not recon it. I have not received an auto-CLI. I took $5000 of it and used that to open a Sallie Mae card in July that went to pending when I applied. I do not use the card heavily.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 3 of 22
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@CelticLady wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

I was approved in January for the Rewards card for excellent credit and received a $6900 CL. It was my highest line at the time and I did not recon it. I have not received an auto-CLI. I took $5000 of it and used that to open a Sallie Mae card in July that went to pending when I applied. I do not use the card heavily.

So can this card be PC to Sallie Mae or would it need to be applied for and then move the limit like you did?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 22
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

@CelticLady wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

So can this card be PC to Sallie Mae or would it need to be applied for and then move the limit like you did?

I do not know if it is possible to PC to the Sallie Mae or not. I cold apped for the Sallie Mae figuring I was going to use $5k of the existing Rewards card to open it. I did not know about the Sallie Mae card when I got the Rewards card or I would have applied for Sallie Mae in the first place. It's a much better card for my spending habits.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 5 of 22
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I have their average credit rewards Master..my limit is 10k

Message 6 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

1650, LOL! that is after 2 auto CLI's too!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 7 of 22
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Mine was a meager $2000 before I closed it and had them move the CL over to my Sallie Mae WMC.

Message 8 of 22
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Mine right now is $1,300 starting. Waiting for a CLI in 6 months and I'll continue to build it until I can qualify for the Sallie Mae, and then I'll transfer the majority of my limit over the SM.

Personal:

Business:

Message 9 of 22
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I bumped mine up to 10k

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.