Barclays's Reward suprise CLI

I've had this card since Feb 2013 with a cl of $1900 with a FICO that is around 650 TU. I've been pounding on it quite a bit with airlines tickets, vacation, etc but have always paid a very large chunk of the balance back but still left a medium sized balance ($500-700). I woke up this morning and was suprised to see a CLI to $3200! Anyone else seen automatic cli's from these guys? I was under  the assumption they were kinda tight. So far so good with Barclays!

ef

Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays's Reward suprise CLI

I went from $500 to $2000 after about 9 months, using it for gas and groceries. I always left a little or no balance.

Frequent Contributor

Here's what the other side of the coin looks like:  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Wait-for-CLI-to-post-or-do-it/td-p/2386049

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Probably should close this. I just saw another similar thread with 16 pages of resposes trying to figure out how and when you get a Barclay's CLI or CLD. :smileywink:

Community Leader
Valued Contributor

You just got some love from them. Why would you close it? Congrats on your CLI! I love Barclays and they've been really easy to work with for me. CLIs cost a HP, but that should be expected. If you get auto love.... You literally are being shown love for handling your finances well. Enjoy it and keep up the good work! :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

Sorry. I meant close this thread since its being discussed already. Sorry for the confusion.  This card will continued to be used frequently. I just wish I could get these BT/CLI checks I'm reading about!!

Established Member

After seeing your post I thought i would log in to my account and low and behold i recevied a $2000 CLI. This the second auto CLI I've received in the past year, although the first one was only $500. Barclay's is looking better and better every day.

Regular Contributor

Congrats on the auto CLI.  When did you open your account?  I opened mine on Feb 6 (I think), but i haven't received anything as of yet.  Maybe too many new accounts, but at least I didn't get AA.

Again, Congrats...

NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI... this post gives me a serious case of the smiles :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy: .... Just got my card in the mail today. Can't wait to see what is in store for me in 6 months.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY AMEX 30K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 18K, CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED 15K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 11.9K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 6200, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 1450, EXPRESS NEXT 650
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

fnne99 wrote:

I've had this card since Feb 2013 with a cl of $1900 with a FICO that is around 650 TU. I've been pounding on it quite a bit with airlines tickets, vacation, etc but have always paid a very large chunk of the balance back but still left a medium sized balance ($500-700). I woke up this morning and was suprised to see a CLI to $3200! Anyone else seen automatic cli's from these guys? I was under  the assumption they were kinda tight. So far so good with Barclays!

ef

Congrats on auto luv

To answer your question yes I saw auto luv 

+ Chase Ink =

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.