Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays sensitivity

tag
antdave93
Regular Contributor

Barclays sensitivity

I just got a little curious about how my credit building is doing , and went to chase pre qualification page and was offered the chase freedom card. Almost applied for a second then realize i just got the Barclaycard last month. And reading from these forums Barclays dont like inq and new accounts. So should i take a chance and apply anyway? Or should i just wait after six months?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays sensitivity

in my opinion the sum of people who see adverse action from barclay are in a minor comparision compared to those that do not. take myself for example, i am two years post ch7 was approved for 1300, they have only softed me one time after approval. what you do in the end is up to you but if you believe the card would help you and you could use it apply!

Message 2 of 8
Longroad
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

in my opinion the sum of people who see adverse action from barclay are in a minor comparision compared to those that do not. take myself for example, i am two years post ch7 was approved for 1300, they have only softed me one time after approval. what you do in the end is up to you but if you believe the card would help you and you could use it apply!

+1  Make decisions based on your needs and what makes sense for your wallet not based on "possible" AA for opening a new account. 

Message 3 of 8
H4LO
Established Contributor

@antdave93 wrote:

I just got a little curious about how my credit building is doing , and went to chase pre qualification page and was offered the chase freedom card. Almost applied for a second then realize i just got the Barclaycard last month. And reading from these forums Barclays dont like inq and new accounts. So should i take a chance and apply anyway? Or should i just wait after six months?

I opened 11 TL's (+2 AU for AAoA purposes)  after applying for my Barclay Rewards card.

Haven't heard a peep from Barclay. *fingers crossed*

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 4 of 8
antdave93
Regular Contributor

I think my problem is that mentally i am still in rebuilding mode even my credit is fairly decent now.

Message 5 of 8
antdave93
Regular Contributor

Meaning a little gun shy

Still protective of scores

Message 6 of 8
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

I have added two cards sense I got my barclaycard last month. I know several people on here added more cards than that and had higher balances on their credit cards like over 50% ulti. So I got my fingers crossed they wont close my card I mean I use the card almost everyday paid them in full already and have almost no balances on my other cards I want to say im at like 2% ulti. I also had a hard pull fall off my tu report. IF they close my card so be it their loss not mine. I can get everyhing i need somewhere else right now execpt for the free fico score. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 7 of 8
antdave93
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys for advice.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.