Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays system is down, due to malfunction

tag
jumpinjax
New Contributor

Barclays system is down, due to malfunction

I was using my Apple Financing Barclays card to make a small $20 purchase, only to have been told by the cashier that the card requires 'call for authorization'.  I was flustered, and subsequently called to find out what was going on.  The nice person, over in CS at Barclays said that their credit system is suffering from a malfunction, and the system is showing no credit on all accounts.  I was relieved, to say the least - she was apologetic.  I ended up using another card, lol.

So, in the interest of this forum, be prepared for authorization messages in the next few hours, until Barclays gets their system up and running again.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays system is down, due to malfunction

just received a CL alert from credit sesame
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 20
john398
Senior Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:
just received a CL alert from credit sesame

hopefully they increased it

Message 3 of 20
jatneal
New Contributor

Yeah I just went to get gas and the clerk told me my card was declined....I was of course embarassed.  I called and they said they cant even access anyone's account and to try back in 3 hours.  I asked them if I was going to get a credit and of course I was told they werent sure at this point -_-

Message 4 of 20
sambam94
Established Member

wow...great timing...my wife was just using her Bj's card for the first time an hour ago, wouldn't go through.

Message 5 of 20
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I was going to use my NFL card today...good thing I opted to give my Walmart card it's 1-in-6-month-keep-me-activiated purchase. 

I logged onto my account and it says I have a CL of $3,000, $0 balance and $0 in available credit. Weird.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 20
sambam94
Established Member

good examople of why you need cards from different banks....NFL card is showing 0 credit, but Barclaycard LL bean is showing correct CL

Message 7 of 20
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I was just coming on to report this.  I found out while I was at Target. Bought a bunch of food, took out my Red Card and was told that their system is down today so they can't accept the Red Card. I wasn't happy because I plan my monthly purchases on certain cards but I went with it and took at the Barclay's. That was declined. Called and found their system is down.  I had to use another card.  I though the credit card industry was crashing today! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 8 of 20
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I was just coming on to report this.  I found out while I was at Target. Bought a bunch of food, took out my Red Card and was told that their system is down today so they can't accept the Red Card. I wasn't happy because I plan my monthly purchases on certain cards but I went with it and took at the Barclay's. That was declined. Called and found their system is down.  I had to use another card.  I though the credit card industry was crashing today! 

Wow that is crazy.  Two declined cards in a row.  It just goes to show you why we need 5-6 visa's, 2 MC's, 1 Discover and 3 amex cards in your wallet at all times.  Smiley Tongue

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 9 of 20
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Wow that is crazy.  Two declined cards in a row.  It just goes to show you why we need 5-6 visa's, 2 MC's, 1 Discover and 3 amex cards in your wallet at all times.  Smiley Tongue

lol, or maybe cash Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.