Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays - what are my chance?

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays - what are my chance?

@B335is wrote:

The US Airways card has been a tough one for me, I've applied 3 times I think.  I made the mistake of calling the analyst after the first app went to pending.  I was told I had far too many inquiries/new accts in the prior 2 years - yes 2 years.  Every app that followed was auto-declined due to the prior app (I usually waited 4-6 months between apps).  An analyst told me that's just how their system works, didn't elaborate.  Then out of the blue, they approved me for a nice limit Arrival card (I had never app'd for it before).  In my case I've found if it isn't auto-approved, I'm 99% sure an analyst won't approve me either.  My TU Fico has been north of 800 every time.

Seems harsh Smiley Mad I doubt I have a chance then since i have many new accounts in last two years.

Message 21 of 24
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Go for it... I was approved back in November with a $5k limit and your profile looks better then mines. 

Message 22 of 24
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Happychap wrote:
I have been wanting the Barclay Lufthansa card for over a year now and kept getting denied due to Inqs. What do you think my chances are of getting approved now with my stats below? Thanks for your input😀

TU Fico 798
Uti. 4%
Inqs past 6 mths 3 (most recent is over 3 months old)
No baddies
Average credit limits 24k
AAOA 3 yrs

With your FICO score, if you just wait 3 months more(all INQs will be more than 6 months old), you're almost promised the card unless you have bad blood with an Barclays card in the past.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 23 of 24
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

@B335is wrote:

The US Airways card has been a tough one for me, I've applied 3 times I think.  I made the mistake of calling the analyst after the first app went to pending.  I was told I had far too many inquiries/new accts in the prior 2 years - yes 2 years.  Every app that followed was auto-declined due to the prior app (I usually waited 4-6 months between apps).  An analyst told me that's just how their system works, didn't elaborate.  Then out of the blue, they approved me for a nice limit Arrival card (I had never app'd for it before).  In my case I've found if it isn't auto-approved, I'm 99% sure an analyst won't approve me either.  My TU Fico has been north of 800 every time.

Seems harsh Smiley Mad I doubt I have a chance then since i have many new accounts in last two years.

if you have too many accounts aopen, then I would stay away from Barclays for now. that's the last lender you want to acquire many new accounts on 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.