Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays

@Anonymous wrote:
Most people try at 6 months via the requesting for the lower APR method and then asking abou the CLI later. I did that 5 months in. I got the card in June for $2,500 then in November it went to $3,200 and then this month they gave me an auto CLI to $6,200. Just use it and be patient.

I will have to try this....thanks for the info. 

Message 21 of 24
egaithe
Regular Contributor

@dwz55 wrote:

Started at 5k went  to 10 at the 6 month mark, went to 14 at the 12 month mark and finally went to 16.5 at the 22 month mark. All were auto increases.

How did you pay on the card?

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Goal: 750s in all
Message 22 of 24
egaithe
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MuadDibx wrote:

Thanks, this was very helpful.  I just called and asked for an APR drop, after the APR drop I asked about a SP CLI and received a $4k bump.  Still not as high as I'd like, but better than having another HP.

Congrats, try again in another 6 months. I've done the APR trick on two separate occasions for two different cards over the past couple of years and I think I've netted about $10K in cumulative increases. Works like a charm.

How soon can you ask for an APR reduction?

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Goal: 750s in all
Message 23 of 24
MuadDibx
Established Member

I honestly don't know, but I don't think it can hurt to ask right away.  It's not a HP and the worst thing that can come out of it is hearing "No".

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.