Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays ????

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Barclays ????

I have a serious question.

I was approved for the priceline card with barclays about 5 weeks ago. Since then I have gotten approved for 2 with the possibility 3 cc's within the last 48 hrs. Now knowing how bad barclays are with new accts. Should I just call and closed the barclays acct to avoid it saying " closed by creditor" or just take the chance and hope I slip by?

I dont want to mess up my credit when I just cleaned it up.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays ????

@Credit314 wrote:

I have a serious question.

I was approved for the priceline card with barclays about 5 weeks ago. Since then I have gotten approved for 2 with the possibility 3 cc's within the last 48 hrs. Now knowing how bad barclays are with new accts. Should I just call and closed the barclays acct to avoid it saying " closed by creditor" or just take the chance and hope I slip by?

I dont want to mess up my credit when I just cleaned it up.

Man, I am scared to death of Amex and Barclays. Don't know I want either now if there are so many worries.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 2 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I actually just got approved for amex yesterday. I really starting to think I made a HUGE mistake by getting either. As long as I pay my bills on time with either why does any of creditor matter? Not sure I get it or will ever understand. I will just rather closed the acct myself with barclays then to have them close it and list it as closed by creditor.

Message 3 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Do anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Message 4 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

Mini app sprees are nothing to be worried about, Creditors don't mind once approved if you open 3-4 good lines after going from Subprime to Prime. I've never seen people closing accounts for that reason. Now I've seen idiots who go on a "app-o-rama" who would have bad credit and apply for 15-20 cards in a single day so they would avoid a inquiry, and since people with bad credit can only usually get approvals through store cards not on a major network which is usually GECRB or WFFNB they got their accounts closed.

I wouldn't worry about 3-4 cards you'll be fine.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Do anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

I would just leave it. We all hear horror stories about them closing accounts, but just because nobody posts saying "barclays DIDNT close my account!!!" doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You might slip through the cracks.  Even if they do close your account having a "closed by credit grantor" or a "closed by borrower" doesn't change anything really. It may look different to an UW but you can always explain that barclays a schizo lender in a recon. 

Message 6 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Ok you all I just really hope they dont close it. I guess only time will tell huh

Message 7 of 16
YahComb
Established Contributor

2 or 3 is probably not going to be that big of a deal. Of course, if you start piling up INQS and open 2 or 3 new accounts every 3 or so months, then i can't tell you what Barclays will do, they might not care, but then again they might get all nervous and twitchy.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 8 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I through with my spee. I just wanted to do it all around the same time and not have inqs spreaded around on different dates. I will be looking to purchase a new suv around 12/2013 so I wanted to get approved and have each account aged for atleast 12 months prior to app for auto loan in 12/2013

Message 9 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I just hope they dont close the priceline card as I really will be using that card as well

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.