Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays

tag
MuadDibx
Established Member

Re: Barclays

Thanks, this was very helpful.  I just called and asked for an APR drop, after the APR drop I asked about a SP CLI and received a $4k bump.  Still not as high as I'd like, but better than having another HP.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my 2nd auto CLI from $1250 to $2950. 

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MuadDibx wrote:

Thanks, this was very helpful.  I just called and asked for an APR drop, after the APR drop I asked about a SP CLI and received a $4k bump.  Still not as high as I'd like, but better than having another HP.

Congrats, try again in another 6 months. I've done the APR trick on two separate occasions for two different cards over the past couple of years and I think I've netted about $10K in cumulative increases. Works like a charm.

Message 13 of 24
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@MuadDibx wrote:

Congrats.  As long as you maintain good credit scores, barclays will treat you right.  Smiley Wink  

As much as folks mentioning banks sticking with them through rough times, remaining credit worthy (i.e. scores), is part of the picture.  Just MHO.

Signature needs updating
Message 14 of 24
Xistaben2
New Contributor

I am actually curious of this myself.  When I opened up my Apple Rewards cards a few years ago (just apple finance then), I would get an auto CLI every 6 months or so pretty regularly.  Started with 1000 limit and ended at a 7800 limit.  I jumped the gun on applying for the ring and was denied - after recon, they said I could open the ring and move the line from my Apple card to the new account.  I ended up moving 5000, then the other 2800 over later and closed the Apple card.

I've had the ring for about 4 months now and my credit score is decently higher than it was 4 months ago (about 30 points and over 700 now).  Curious to see if I will continue with the auto CLI's on the ring.

Message 15 of 24
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

I've had the Ring since 11/15 (sl 12.5k), but don't use it enough to warrant a cli. Just got the NFL card, planning on using it this season, so we'll see!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Xistaben2 wrote:

I am actually curious of this myself.  When I opened up my Apple Rewards cards a few years ago (just apple finance then), I would get an auto CLI every 6 months or so pretty regularly.  Started with 1000 limit and ended at a 7800 limit.  I jumped the gun on applying for the ring and was denied - after recon, they said I could open the ring and move the line from my Apple card to the new account.  I ended up moving 5000, then the other 2800 over later and closed the Apple card.

I've had the ring for about 4 months now and my credit score is decently higher than it was 4 months ago (about 30 points and over 700 now).  Curious to see if I will continue with the auto CLI's on the ring.

You did the correct thing, while I didn't. My Apple (non rewards) Barclaycard had a $7,800 limit, and I should have asked for a PC, but was too ignorant at the time to do so, as I was young and didn't care or know much about credit cards.

Message 17 of 24
noobody
Established Contributor

They do NOT PC to ring. You did not miss anything
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Viva-LV wrote:

I've had the Ring since 11/15 (sl 12.5k), but don't use it enough to warrant a cli. Just got the NFL card, planning on using it this season, so we'll see!

I just got the NFL card too, late last month. I think it's going to be my favorite card! I'll post whenever I get an increase.Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow.... that's sweet. I'm definitely jealous.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.