Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barlcay CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barlcay CLD

@Creditaddict wrote:

Just received letter that they reduced my Wyndam Rewards from $5k to $1900.... ODD Number and annoying since I barely use the card and don't revolve debt.

Credit department already closed today so I have to call back tomorrow about reinstatement but I just really hate this bank... they are one of the only ones that randomly and so often CLD accounts and I'm just not okay with that.

By "barely use" do you mean you go 6+ months with no activity on the card at all? Or you just put $3 a month on the card?

Since I started with Barclaycard, I've been getting a new card every other month or so. I've not gotten any CLDs on Arrival or Sallie Mae, but I've not gotten any CLIs or rewards promos, either. I've been using Sallie Mae more in the last month or so, and did get a 0% APR renewal promo.

Message 11 of 46
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I had not used it in probably three or four months and just last month set up reoccurring charge on it of $40.
Message 12 of 46
Chilli
Established Contributor

I'm sorry, CA. Smiley Mad

Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry this happened.

Message 14 of 46
ddemari
Super Contributor

Too much AA today!!!
Message 15 of 46
Chilli
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Too much AA today!!!

Yes, I agree. 

Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it makes since if you barely use it. I have always been told that they love a lot of usage. I use my rewards card like toilet paper on Taco Bell night.

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear it! This thread actually made me pull my Barclay's cards out of the SD and put a couple of my other cards in. Better start using my Barclay cards a bit more.

Message 18 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...made me pull my Barclay's cards out of the SD and put a couple of my other cards in. Better start using my Barclay cards a bit more.

You are not obligated to use their card!!...
Message 19 of 46
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...made me pull my Barclay's cards out of the SD and put a couple of my other cards in. Better start using my Barclay cards a bit more.

You are not obligated to use their card!!...

You are correct, but they are not obligated to keep your line in place with no usage.  They like to see the swips and more swips.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.