cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barlcay can kiss my RUMP! To close or ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barlcay can kiss my RUMP! To close or ?

Since none of us where there we can only take your word for it. If you truly were treated poorly than that sucks. I just feel that reps deal with a lot of crap and that it may be the reason for their bad attitudes. The point I was making was why stress about someone else's bad attitude. It won't do you any good. I know this from experience, laugh, vent, have a cold one do whatever takes. At the end of the day you will feel better and they will continue to go on being miserable. Don't give them the satisfaction.
Message 21 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
OpenG - allow me to explain. I actually began (and always do) VERY VERY politely with BARCLAY. Always have. However, in time, I realized almost every analyst I spoke to was condescending and brash. I did have a couple over the past 14 months that were great, but it was like hitting the Powerball. I understand their job is "judge" credit -- but BARCLAY is by and large the only lender who goes way overboard when analyzing risk. Chase isn't even as bad as them -- and bofa is amazing in comparison.

Barclay CAs are just that -- judgmental. The women are especially snotty. Every analyst I've spoken to at Chase (even when denied ) has been Courteous, constructive and kind. BofA is amazing yet again here. Barclay, pffftttttttt. Lol.

Regardless I just wanted to point out that I always start out nice but I have a threshold.

They did not mean to be snooty.  They are limited by the computer.  I have been through (and am still with) a case opened due to computer error.  You must reach the highest mucky muck to even break the computer algorithm, and that is not accomplished through customer service.  Just my experience.

Signature needs updating
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are you dealing with Imperfect? With Barclay or elsewhere
Message 23 of 30
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What are you dealing with Imperfect? With Barclay or elsewhere

My experience described to you is only barclay (you can see I have two cards, one, they lost the interest rate reduction, and I can not recover, their fault)..  Dealt with many layers here, at the risk of my accounts, but they are still intact.  What the person sees on the computer, no matter whom you get, can not be overridden.  And they seem to be more involved with profit right now.  I pay in full, even the aviator, but the interest rate prohibits me putting any large travel purchases on this card.  My bull headedeness leads to what may come.  If the card is useful for what you want (in my case, miles that are transferred to AS instead of AA) , then keep.  Otherwise, apply for ring, and transfer limits.

Signature needs updating
Message 24 of 30
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Maybe they talked to BBVA and had you on a "list" Smiley Mad  (Just kidding)

BoA and I don't get along, lots of hard pulls, no CLI - I dumped them. AmEx and I go back 38 years, I really really don't like doing business with AmEx so I kept one very small limit card that almost never gets used, but back dates to 1978. I've got very little use for Capital One other than my GM BuyPower card which most people on here don't care for, Comenity store cards? I have no use for them.... so what?

Point being it should not be personal, use "credit" for your advantage and for SURE don't take it out on the CSR, no matter how much you think they don't care - they DON'T no matter how rude or "nice" they are, it's a job where people yell at them all day when they don't get what they think they are entitled to or the check was lost in the mail. 

I will tell you that on more than one occasion when I've called a credit card company and say asked for a credit limit increase - to use as an example, Bank of America, hard pulled me, strong income, zero lates, zero derogs, mid-700 scores across the board - wouldn't budge off the $3000 SL. First time at 6 months, okay I'll wait.....second time (another hard pull) at 12 months, wouldn't budge .... okay I'll wait, third time at 16 months, another hard pull same results no CLI - I politely said please close this card, obviously there is something y'all are seeing in my credit report that no one else sees and I just don't need a card stuck below a weeks’ vacation spending. BoA: Are you sure? Once closed you can't change your mind.... Thank you, I won't change my mind, please close the account. 

They closed the card as requested, I won't do business with them anymore, no one cussed anyone out, I have more cards than I know what to do with...... life goes on. 

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sound advice. We just react very differently I see lol. No but as I said -- you know how some people here go "DRAPPING"? Drunk APPING. Well I was a tad sauced last nite when I erupted on the analyst lol. Sorry, not sorry. She was a rude snooty one for sure. I hope I ruined her night. Lol I jest.

However, you have good points. Maybe I'll use it to finance the iPad Pro at 0% in a few months -- don't start school until August - Sept. We'll see what my heart desires and tells me to do in coming weeks
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

So maybe my suggesting a cold one wasn't such a good idea 😆...i prefer posting on forums a bit sauced...I'm usually a happy drunk I'd probably tell the analyst, hey I luvvvv you man...bet there's nothing in their script for that.
Message 27 of 30
Aahz
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm usually a happy drunk I'd probably tell the analyst, hey I luvvvv you man...bet there's nothing in their script for that.

"I love you too, sir.  And now I'm going to have to close all of your cards for both your protection and ours.  Is there anything else I can help you with today?" Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lolllll
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I've had the Apple Visa with BARCLAY for 14 months now -- started at $700 on a recon with a TU score of 580. Grew to $1500, then $3000 and now $3400 on auto CLI. My UTIL is only 17% now and I never ever use it because interest is -- get ready -- 27%!!!!!! They refuse to PC me, lower my interest or approve another card even though my TU Is over 700 now. "Too many new accounts and We'd like to see history with new accounts". Interesting as they just gave me an auto CLI a week ago for great history on the card and my CR scores rising. I had a few choice words for the analysts last nite after a few drinks lol -- cursed at them like a sailor and before you go judging, I couldn't care less. They are often very condescending and think their poo don't stink. . And there are many threads here to prove such. I can't stand their attitudes of judgment -- Chase CAs and BofA are much friendlier and less judgmental overall IME.

I have a call into the EO but if they don't assist, I am probably going to close. If I PIF and close it will this hurt my score ? It shouldn't affect overall UTIL if balance is $0 on closure correct ? I don't know if there is any point in keeping this open with that rate, especially given my amazing cards now with rates 10-15% lower!!! Should I see what EO says first ? I want to either PC this to a better card (Sallie Mae, Luxury MasterCard, Rewards) lower the apr considerably, get a second card with better terms or close. What do you guys think ?? My main concern is losing the good history every month and my score affecting. Please weigh in -- and if you don't agree with my opinion of BARCLAY please do not bother. I'm looking for sound advice and similar experiences here -- thank you !

Barclay is a very interesting beast! I have a Hawaiian Airlines Card with them because they got the Hawaiian Airline Portfolio from BOA almost 2yrs ago. Paid my almost maxed out balance off 2months ago had it report $0 then called to ask for a APR reduction....dropped to 19% from 24% but no CLI offers. Didnt want a HP as I had built up quite a few new accounts in 2015 and was afraid of AA because of that. Today I get an email from them saying they gave me a 3k bump to make it my largest CL at 7k.

Maybe just run a small purchase through it every mone then pay in full for a few more month then call and see about and APR recuction again. The APR rates on that particular card is a bit high unless you can get it down to that 14%. Cant PC to Sallie and probably the Luxury...who knows. But perhaps the Rewards card may be a go.

Good Luck OP Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.