Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barney's CL > $40k?

tag
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Barney's CL > $40k?

Good Evening All,

Just wondering if anyone has had success getting their Barneys limit over $40k? I know many of us have hit $30k, but what about $40k? If so, what was your timeframe? Did you get increases four months in a row, every 32 days? Would also be curious to see who has the highest limit out there on this card.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Barney's CL > $40k?

I don't think anyone here wants to push it and try it. Since most people here got the card for padding, $30k is plenty. I myself won't try it ever. I won't ever need more than what I have right now which is $31k
Message 2 of 16
dbw79
Regular Contributor

I hear ya Pizza. Well said.

Message 3 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

All those with this Barneys Card have you gotten your notice of Important Changes to Your Account Terms yet?

Got mine today along with the paper statement on Rates calculated by Index etc. plus Open Charge & Budget Payment credit plans are assigned a fixed minimum payment based on transaction amounts etc.

Message 4 of 16
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@dbw79 wrote:

Good Evening All,

Just wondering if anyone has had success getting their Barneys limit over $40k? I know many of us have hit $30k, but what about $40k? If so, what was your timeframe? Did you get increases four months in a row, every 32 days? Would also be curious to see who has the highest limit out there on this card.

Thanks in advance.

I think we're all a bit nervous to take it over $40k - don't want to risk any kind of account review or AA. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@dbw79 wrote:

Good Evening All,

Thanks in advance.

I think we're all a bit nervous to take it over $40k - don't want to risk any kind of account review or AA. 

I agree and also think if you have store card limits that are too high, that may make it more difficult to get Visa and MC limits overall to the level you want. Not worth chancing it. It might look odd to a lender on a manual review to see a number of 20k and 30k store limits, or even a 40k store limit.  Why draw undue attention?Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

All those with this Barneys Card have you gotten your notice of Important Changes to Your Account Terms yet?

Got mine today along with the paper statement on Rates calculated by Index etc. plus Open Charge & Budget Payment credit plans are assigned a fixed minimum payment based on transaction amounts etc.

Haven't received mine yet - will probably come with the next statement. 

I have noticed the minimum payments seem to be higer than other cards- 3% of the balance, plus any interest due. 

Message 7 of 16
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@dbw79 wrote:

Good Evening All,

Thanks in advance.

I agree and also think if you have store card limits that are too high, that may make it more difficult to get Visa and MC limits overall to the level you want. Not worth chancing it. It might look odd to a lender on a manual review to see a number of 20k and 30k store limits, or even a 40k store limit.  Why draw undue attention?Smiley Happy

I'm honestly thinking about asking Barneys for a credit limit decrease before I app my goal cards - CSP and Amex ED. Chase (as well as Barclays) seems to be especially sensitive to your overall credit limits. 

Message 8 of 16
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Just curious why would anyone want a store card with such a high limit? Especially one that fits very few needs, well unless of course you shop exclusively at barneys. I get its good for utilization and shows you can handle large limits. But would it not affect you negatively when you apply for a large limit visa, mc or Amex and they decide you have too much available credit when deciding what limit to grant you for their card?
Message 9 of 16
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@dbw79 wrote:

Good Evening All,

Thanks in advance.

$39.4k

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.