cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barneys CLI - Change in Robolady? sp vs hp?

tag
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Barneys CLI - Change in Robolady? sp vs hp?

Anyone attempt a cli recently on their Barneys acct.? Something strange has happened very recently with the robolady, but only on this account. I tried with my other comenity accounts and those were business as usual. On Barneys, after you enter all your info, the robolady says something to the fact of " in order to see if you qualify for a credit line increase, we will need to review your credit history". Never heard that before and I'm not sure if it's just a scare tactic to stop people from requesting them? I mean technically when they soft pull you, they are reviewing your credit history as well. Don't know what to make of this? Anyone have thoughts, and has anyone still tried for a cli and can confirm its still a soft pull. I don't understand why they would change the procedure on just one acct. very weird. The other thing that doesn't make sense is this card gives multiple Cli's at a time, and if in fact it was now a hard pull, and you asked multiple times, I highly doubt you would then get like 3-4 hard pulls for the multiple requests.

would love everyone's feedback, and if you have a Barneys account, call them up and see what I'm talking about. You can obviously hang up and cancel before any request would go through. Still want to figure out if it's a soft pull.

thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Barneys CLI - Change in Robolady? sp vs hp?

With any CLI request there is a potential for a HP. You are seeking credit. In the past some have reported HP on their Comenity CLIs. It's very YMMV.

If it's worth a HP for you, go for it. If not I would leave it alone.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barneys CLI - Change in Robolady? sp vs hp?

I usually just do the website and get an extra $200 every few mos.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.