Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barneys - In store app vs Online

tag
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Barneys - In store app vs Online

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Just wondering what people's success stories have been when applying for Barneys. I would assume if you app'd in store, you might land a higher credit line as they have completed the verification on premises. The online approvals only seem to be $750 - $1k, but then increase quickly within the following few weeks to couple of months. Has anyone applied in store and been approved for lets say $5k+?

Just curious if it's worth going into the store or not. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Barneys - In store app vs Online

approval rate in store might be better but since all u need to do is apply and get approved to call the number on the back of the card, the limit you get at first doesnt matter.

Approved for 750 a few weeks ago, received the card and now my limit is 10,750. 

Id be curious to know what some instore approval rates are too! 

Message 2 of 5
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@dbw79 wrote:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Just wondering what people's success stories have been when applying for Barneys. I would assume if you app'd in store, you might land a higher credit line as they have completed the verification on premises. The online approvals only seem to be $750 - $1k, but then increase quickly within the following few weeks to couple of months. Has anyone applied in store and been approved for lets say $5k+?

Just curious if it's worth going into the store or not. Thanks.

+1 on the above post.

Usually in-store approvals yield higher starting CL, but I didn't want to step into Barney's to take a chance on a denial. Macy's? - Yes, Bloomingdale's? - Yes, Barneys? - Nope. Lol! Did the online app. Got $750 then bumped up to $10,900 on card activation. Getting around $11K on your first robot CLI seems to be the norm anyway regardless of starting limit.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Not really.  I applied at the Chicago BNY store before Comenity Capital Bank acquired their portfolio and my SL at the time was $10K.  A friend of mine who did not live near a BNY store applied online (excellent credit) post CCB aquisition and she was approved for $9.5K.  So, a store may yield some consequential results (i.e. verified on the spot and/or potential Point-Of-Sale), but ultimately it's based on the individual's creditworthiness.  There was much more leeway for higher CLs (with POI) before CCB acquired their portfolio.  It was not unusual to see someone approved on the spot for $25K SL back in the day.

Message 4 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

Wow interesting. Do u know who handled their account prior, im just interested lol
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.