Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bascially fell in love with Sams Club LOL

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Bascially fell in love with Sams Club LOL

I went to Sams Club today for the first time ever to do a bit of grocery shopping and compare prices of commonly used household items and I was astounded by the deals you get, even with the $40 a year membership (if you don't have the CC)

So, now I am wanting to aim at getting a Sams club card, to avoid the membership fee along with usual usage.  For those that have it or had it, what were the requirements?  Score, AAoA, etc?

I know that I will not be apping right now as I want a year of no inquirys but I would definitely like to know for the future!

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Bascially fell in love with Sams Club LOL

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I went to Sams Club today for the first time ever to do a bit of grocery shopping and compare prices of commonly used household items and I was astounded by the deals you get, even with the $40 a year membership (if you don't have the CC)

So, now I am wanting to aim at getting a Sams club card, to avoid the membership fee along with usual usage.  For those that have it or had it, what were the requirements?  Score, AAoA, etc?

I know that I will not be apping right now as I want a year of no inquirys but I would definitely like to know for the future!

I have the Discover version with a 4K limit. Pulled TU. Score was around 690. AAoA 1.3 years.

It's backed by GE, they're usually pretty good with approvals.

IMO the rewards are very lackluster but since it's GE it grows QUICKLY and SP CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 18
Shyone44
Contributor

I would be interested in the stats too Smiley Wink

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 3 of 18
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Ha! I didn't even realize they had a discover as well.  Smiley Embarassed

I so cannot wait for my Aarons to hit my credit to increase my AAoA which will hopefully increase my score a bit so I can get some better cards.

Can you use Sams club at walmart and vice versa?

Message 4 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

Ha! I didn't even realize they had a discover as well.  Smiley Embarassed

I so cannot wait for my Aarons to hit my credit to increase my AAoA which will hopefully increase my score a bit so I can get some better cards.

Can you use Sams club at walmart and vice versa?

Yes, they work vise versa.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 18
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Perfection, thank you for the fast reply LS!

Message 6 of 18
m5ind
Established Member

You can also make payments on Sam's credit cards at the registers at either Sam's or Walmart stores. As a Sam's employee, I process payments all the time. I can answer other questions you have about the cards too.

Message 7 of 18
Shyone44
Contributor

What kind of scores are needed fir the Sams card? Also do you reports have to be clean?

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 8 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Shyone44 wrote:

What kind of scores are needed fir the Sams card? Also do you reports have to be clean?

I would say at leadt 680+ for the Discover, 640+ for Sams credit. No recent baddies.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 18
m5ind
Established Member

Those scores are about on par with what members tell me they think they have when they apply and get approved. Some will just come out with that info, and yes, GE tends to shy away from recent issues. 

If you're keen on waiting a little while, it's possible to get a pre-approval at the register. When I'm running one, there's at least two or three per day that I see. They really ramp up the pre-approvals around Christmastime too.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.