Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful with CareCredit CLI request via Phone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful with CareCredit CLI request via Phone

I've called this morning to request for a CLI on my CareCredit card. In no point during our conversation did they mention about a hard pull of my credit report. I didn't get any CLI and later this evening I got an alert letting me know my TU was pulled by them. I'm furious!!! I'm going to call them tomorrow to get to the bottom of this. What the heck!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: Be careful with CareCredit CLI request via Phone

Sorry to hear that op. Care credit is always HP!!
Message 2 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've called this morning to request for a CLI on my CareCredit card. In no point during our conversation did they mention about a hard pull of my credit report. I didn't get any CLI and later this evening I got an alert letting me know my TU was pulled by them. I'm furious!!! I'm going to call them tomorrow to get to the bottom of this. What the heck!

Unfortunately, anecdotal evidence indicates Care Credit seems to always be a HP for credit line increases.  It certainly can't hurt to call them up and voice your displeasure at not being clearly being made aware of this, but I don't think you'll get very far otherwise since the CLI request was self-initiated. 

I always appreciated it when a CLI is only a SP, but I'm always prepared for a HP if I initiate the request.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have a case especially if the VRU did not disclose it would iniate a credit inquiry. With that said, I have seen a few post that state a CLI for Care Credit is always a HP. My suggestion, going forward, is to come to the forum or search on the web to see if the creditor is a soft pull or hard pull when iniating CLIs.

SN: Sometimes HPs for CLIs are worth it.

Message 4 of 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

They may or may not remove the inquiry, as you were seeking for more credit and that is permissible puposes of obtaining a report.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:
Sorry to hear that op. Care credit is always HP!!

FACT!

I'm surprised OP that you didn't research Care Credit CLI on this forums SEARCH feature first because theres plenty of results as well as discussion on this one enough that most forum members plan when to go for a CLI on it.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has always been a hard pull for me...

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No case at all. If requesting credit, expect hard inquiries.
Message 8 of 12
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

You want to prevent unwanted HP, either come here or freeze your reports. $15 for 3 reports, best money I ever spent. So much peace of mind.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 9 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Its only a TU pull at least on a positive side.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.