cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful with this credit card from Applied Card Bank!

tag
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Re: Be careful with this credit card from Applied Card Bank!

Under a different name, Cross Country, this card is one of the original "bad credit - no credit" unsecured cards.  I can remember the TV commercials so well - all you need is to be 18 and a job.  I don't know if they just changed their name or were bought out by Applied.  In their day, along with Cap 1, they provided me with credit when no one else would.

I have two.  It's a fairly decent card for me now, but unlike Capital 1, they don't seem to have any prime tendencies.  Even though I PIF if I charge against one of their cards, they will charge me the monthly membership fee (for me $6) and the interest rate is too high. 

Whether this card makes sense for you is where you stand in the credit rating game. If your scores are above 600 you can probably find something with better terms.  If not, they may be one of the best deals around - First Premier is one of the worst in my book!

good luck -
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 11 of 12
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Re: Be careful with this credit card from Applied Card Bank!

I meant to mention above that although they won't lower their interest rates are completely drop the monthly-ann fee, they do not charge me the fee if I do not use the card. 

I plan to hang onto them a while - basically let them stew at zero for ten out of every 12 months.  Once I'm in FICO heaven, they will be the first to go. 

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.