Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beaver Card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beaver Card!

Coming to you guys since most of you apparently had an OCCU Beaver card at one point in time Smiley Happy

This one seems to fit my needs:
1. Want a 3rd major card (current have Amex BCE, local CU visa, and gas card)
2. No AF.
3. The 5% cash back on OSU football tickets is significant for me.
4. Good size CL would be nice.

Questions:
1. Is this an EQ pull only?
2. CS sounds like it was bad, is it really a problem or was everyone just upset because of the cancelations?
3. Anyone local deal with them at the branches?
4. Any drawbacks to having 3 different CU's in my portfolio? Just signed up with DCU for auto refinance, and already use different local CU as my main bank for visa/home loan/checking.
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Beaver Card!

@Anonymous wrote:
Coming to you guys since most of you apparently had an OCCU Beaver card at one point in time Smiley Happy

This one seems to fit my needs:
1. Want a 3rd major card (current have Amex BCE, local CU visa, and gas card)
2. No AF.
3. The 5% cash back on OSU football tickets is significant for me.
4. Good size CL would be nice.

Questions:
1. Is this an EQ pull only?
2. CS sounds like it was bad, is it really a problem or was everyone just upset because of the cancelations?
3. Anyone local deal with them at the branches?
4. Any drawbacks to having 3 different CU's in my portfolio? Just signed up with DCU for auto refinance, and already use different local CU as my main bank for visa/home loan/checking.

The good size CL's may be gone at this point.

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was here during the whole fiasco..

Not only was it bad CS, it was downright lies. I was told my account was "temporary suspended" due to fraud, and given a time frame of 2-3 days, this lasted over 2-3 weeks.

I would call in every morning, just to hear "just give us one more day, and it will be fixed".

They kept saying fraud on my account, never told me any details, finally got a "your account has been closed" letter in the mail.

My final conclusion is that they handed out too much credit, which was going to get them audited by the NCUA.

I don't really recommended them, because they lied as a big C.Y.A. 

Message 3 of 39
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

They still issuing this fiasco?!?  Smiley Happy

I think you have to actually live in Oregon or wherever to get one now.  The ridiculously high SLs have likely ended also.

Message 4 of 39
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Please don't ever waste your time with OCCU. Look at all the old threads about them here and you'll see why they're not worth your time.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 39
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

The OCCU gravy-train has long, long, long left the station. Actually, it's already crashed and burned and took down many casualties with it.

Walk away and don't look back.

OCCU are scumbag liars at worst, completely incompetent at best. 

Message 6 of 39
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Unless you live in Oregon, move on. OCCU make Tobyhana look like pros.
Message 7 of 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

Run swiftly from OCCU!!
Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do live in Oregon, but am having serious doubts with all the responses. OCCU opened a branch near me a year or two ago but it's gone already. Now they are only in Eugene (duck) area which isn't to my liking.
Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny threadSmiley Tongue Enlighten me people.  Never heard of them and how high of a credit limt where they dishing out?  I am curious LOL

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.