Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Beaver Card!

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

My duck card survived as well,  same 5k limit small $350 balance left to pay off, current APR is 12.9% one of my lowest I think it was 15.x % when i started they just kept lowering it with my ontime payments. 

Crap.

Now i know i'm going to have to call them.

At the very least i would appreciate a better APR than 19.99% that this one is currently at. 

IIRC, they will not lower APRs on customer-initiated requests.  From what I recall, they were able to lower automatically based on history and CR information on some cards (what's left of their portfolio).  YEMV.

I see.

Aside from a 6 month or so 0% BT stint i been PIF on this card what use it does get from time to time.

Suppose time will tell then. It's not such a critical mass by any stretch but i always seem to get hemmed in with such deplorable APR's no matter what card because of a still relatively short history and adding new ones just keeps sour terms being awarded with the exception of Diner's, Barclays, and to a lesser extent now Chase.

You can still contact them since it appears some features can change from time to time.  Are you still experiencing the same issue when making certain transactions and having to call them?

I haven't had the need to call them and my Beaver card still works without issues.

Your credit profile probably has something to do with it.

Message 31 of 39
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

My duck card survived as well,  same 5k limit small $350 balance left to pay off, current APR is 12.9% one of my lowest I think it was 15.x % when i started they just kept lowering it with my ontime payments. 

Crap.

At the very least i would appreciate a better APR than 19.99% that this one is currently at. 

IIRC, they will not lower APRs on customer-initiated requests.  From what I recall, they were able to lower automatically based on history and CR information on some cards (what's left of their portfolio).  YEMV.

I see.

Aside from a 6 month or so 0% BT stint i been PIF on this card what use it does get from time to time.

Suppose time will tell then. It's not such a critical mass by any stretch but i always seem to get hemmed in with such deplorable APR's no matter what card because of a still relatively short history and adding new ones just keeps sour terms being awarded with the exception of Diner's, Barclays, and to a lesser extent now Chase.

You can still contact them since it appears some features can change from time to time.  Are you still experiencing the same issue when making certain transactions and having to call them?

I haven't had the need to call them and my Beaver card still works without issues.

Oddly, this last month (Jan) ended the 0% promo period and for the very first time i was able to make multiple charges on it this time without the hassle of the auto-fraud disconnect that before, happen every single time i got to the 3rd charge. So thats a welcome relief. Maybe the Georgia Call Center straighten that out last time, and if so, my gratitude for that. It's a royal pain in your routine to make retail store purchases followed by grocery purchases, and then reach the gas pump only to have a fraud alert stop the card in it's tracks.

Message 32 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

Crap.

I see.

Oddly, this last month (Jan) ended the 0% promo period and for the very first time i was able to make multiple charges on it this time without the hassle of the auto-fraud disconnect that before, happen every single time i got to the 3rd charge. So thats a welcome relief. Maybe the Georgia Call Center straighten that out last time, and if so, my gratitude for that. It's a royal pain in your routine to make retail store purchases followed by grocery purchases, and then reach the gas pump only to have a fraud alert stop the card in it's tracks.

It sounds like they fixed it.  Glad you don't have to jump through those hoops again!  Aside from the unfortunate set of events that led to its demise, I'm still kinda glad (if not fortunate) that mine survived.

Message 33 of 39
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

Crap.

I see.

It sounds like they fixed it.  Glad you don't have to jump through those hoops again!  Aside from the unfortunate set of events that led to its demise, I'm still kinda glad (if not fortunate) that mine survived.

Yeah, me too. But if or when i do they know me on a personal level over there in the Peach State now Smiley Wink

Looking back, i wonder now if maybe Occu should have just carried on thru with things because credit card business does have it's profitable capabilities and they were just getting started reeling in tons of new customers but agree there are risk limitations, and those obviously far outweighed those considerations enough to abort that mission.

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

Crap.

I see.

Yeah, me too. But if or when i do they know me on a personal level over there in the Peach State now Smiley Wink

Looking back, i wonder now if maybe Occu should have just carried on thru with things because credit card business does have it's profitable capabilities and they were just getting started reeling in tons of new customers but agree there are risk limitations, and those obviously far outweighed those considerations enough to abort that mission.

Should have just CLD instead of faking security issue and then closing cards.

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

Crap.

I see.

Should have just CLD instead of faking security issue and then closing cards.

Agreed.

Message 36 of 39
alvon123
Super Contributor

My Beaver card is still alive and kicking (knock on wood)Smiley LOL  (also, i am not a resident of Oregon)

Message 37 of 39
waiter
Regular Contributor

Mine and DW , Duck card alive and going strong... 20K each.

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waiter wrote:

Mine and DW , Duck card alive and going strong... 20K each.

Pretty crazy that comenity shut you down (Although they reopened as I saw), before these guys did.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.