Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming the norm! NFCU does it again

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Becoming the norm! NFCU does it again

Just two weeks ago I had one credit card with NFCU with a 5k limit ! Requested a increase to 7k immediately counter offered with 10k so I took it. I was in the middle of a app spree and said what the hell just for giggles aped for there I rewards master card. Instand approval to 5k. Best Financial decision I made ever was joining NFCU!

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Becoming the norm! NFCU does it again

@dodgeball wrote:

Just two weeks ago I had one credit card with NFCU with a 5k limit ! Requested a increase to 7k immediately counter offered with 10k so I took it. I was in the middle of a app spree and said what the hell just for giggles aped for there I rewards master card. Instand approval to 5k. Best Financial decision I made ever was joining NFCU!

I'm a little confused... you asked them for a CLI to $7k and they "counter offered" a CLI to $10k? I've never heard of a CC countering with more than you ask for. Sometimes people will even ask for more than they think they'll get to give the CC a chance to to counter with less if not approved for the amt asked for. Maybe Navy is in a generous mood. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 10
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

And they will continue to take care of you. I'm so happy. I decided to log onto my account yesterday and request a $2k increase on my Cash Rewards card. Boom, instant approval. I was nervous about this because I'd converted an NRewards card to this one after they unsecured it and gave me a $500 increase in September. It now sits at $3k. Well I was feeling froggy this morning, and figured I'd request a $2k increase on my NRewards Visa. Long story short, I have 3 cards with NFCU. Anyway, boom instant approval. My limit now sits at $7k. 

NFCU is now my highest limit credit card and I am so glad to be a member. I dare not ask for an increase on the third and final card. I feel like I'd be pushing it. Anyway NFCU rocks!!!!! 

Brought to you by another happy member. Just like the OP. LOL

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:
I'm a little confused... you asked them for a CLI to $7k and they "counter offered" a CLI to $10k? I've never heard of a CC countering with more than you ask for. Sometimes people will even ask for more than they think they'll get to give the CC a chance to to counter with less if not approved for the amt asked for. Maybe Navy is in a generous mood. Smiley Happy

I've had this happen once.  I asked Alliant for $5K and they countered with $15K.  Took me about a nanosecond to accept.    

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 10
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Nothing to be confused about. NFCU simply kicks butt !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 5 of 10
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! They are super generous, i love them. I am so glad that i joined they are the best!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

congrats!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 10
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome!! Basically they operate the complete opposite of the big banks.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 8 of 10
desie25
Valued Member

Congrats I am waiting to try for a cli myself

Starting Score: 522
Current Score: 625
Goal Score: 700

Message 9 of 10
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Nfcu is simply amazing I truly love them.Congrats on your increase

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.