Established Contributor
dodgeball

Becoming the norm! NFCU does it again

Just two weeks ago I had one credit card with NFCU with a 5k limit ! Requested a increase to 7k immediately counter offered with 10k so I took it. I was in the middle of a app spree and said what the hell just for giggles aped for there I rewards master card. Instand approval to 5k. Best Financial decision I made ever was joining NFCU!

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Re: Becoming the norm! NFCU does it again

dodgeball wrote:

Just two weeks ago I had one credit card with NFCU with a 5k limit ! Requested a increase to 7k immediately counter offered with 10k so I took it. I was in the middle of a app spree and said what the hell just for giggles aped for there I rewards master card. Instand approval to 5k. Best Financial decision I made ever was joining NFCU!

I'm a little confused... you asked them for a CLI to $7k and they "counter offered" a CLI to $10k? I've never heard of a CC countering with more than you ask for. Sometimes people will even ask for more than they think they'll get to give the CC a chance to to counter with less if not approved for the amt asked for. Maybe Navy is in a generous mood. :smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Frequent Contributor
Sweets8E

And they will continue to take care of you. I'm so happy. I decided to log onto my account yesterday and request a $2k increase on my Cash Rewards card. Boom, instant approval. I was nervous about this because I'd converted an NRewards card to this one after they unsecured it and gave me a $500 increase in September. It now sits at $3k. Well I was feeling froggy this morning, and figured I'd request a $2k increase on my NRewards Visa. Long story short, I have 3 cards with NFCU. Anyway, boom instant approval. My limit now sits at $7k. 

NFCU is now my highest limit credit card and I am so glad to be a member. I dare not ask for an increase on the third and final card. I feel like I'd be pushing it. Anyway NFCU rocks!!!!! 

Brought to you by another happy member. Just like the OP. LOL

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
visorboy1974

bichonmom wrote:
I'm a little confused... you asked them for a CLI to $7k and they "counter offered" a CLI to $10k? I've never heard of a CC countering with more than you ask for. Sometimes people will even ask for more than they think they'll get to give the CC a chance to to counter with less if not approved for the amt asked for. Maybe Navy is in a generous mood. :smileyhappy:

I've had this happen once.  I asked Alliant for $5K and they countered with $15K.  Took me about a nanosecond to accept.    

Established Contributor
dodgeball

Nothing to be confused about. NFCU simply kicks butt !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Frequent Contributor
shorrttyycm1

Congrats! They are super generous, i love them. I am so glad that i joined they are the best!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Valued Contributor
j_casteel

congrats!

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Frequent Contributor
dabrian

That's awesome!! Basically they operate the complete opposite of the big banks.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Valued Member
desie25

Congrats I am waiting to try for a cli myself

Starting Score: 522
Current Score: 625
Goal Score: 700

Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123

Nfcu is simply amazing I truly love them.Congrats on your increase

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}