cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bed Bath & Beyond MasterCard (U.S. Bank)

tag
mphan
Contributor

Bed Bath & Beyond MasterCard (U.S. Bank)

I got an offer in the mail today. By looking at their website (U.S. Bank) I can tell this is one of the best cards they have. Does this card worth an INQ?

I don't shop at Bed Bath & Beyond but I'm sure my mom and sis do.

http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/credit/bedbath/usb_bbb.cfm

Bed Bath & Beyond MasterCard

• 5 Points per $1 spent at Bed Bath & Beyond
  • 1 Point per $1 spent everywhere else
  • $10 Reward Card for every 1,000 points
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Bed Bath & Beyond MasterCard (U.S. Bank)

If you don't shop there, it's not worth applying for it and wasting an inquiry. You're better off with a cashback from U.S. Bank if you want to get your foot in the door with them.
Message 2 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I agree. Too many of my cards are co-branded (store + Visa, MC, etc.), and they can't be product changed, which is very common with co-branded cards. I wish I'd gone for the straight bank cards instead.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I agree. Too many of my cards are co-branded (store + Visa, MC, etc.), and they can't be product changed, which is very common with co-branded cards. I wish I'd gone for the straight bank cards instead.

Depends on the issuer and YMMV, but for the most past you are correct.  I haven't encountered problems switching products with Chase's co-branded cards, but I haven't had any luck with HSBC's GM Flex Rewards MC.

Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FaircreditguyFL wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Depends on the issuer and YMMV, but for the most past you are correct.  I haven't encountered problems switching products with Chase's co-branded cards, but I haven't had any luck with HSBC's GM Flex Rewards MC.

Yes, I was trying to say that my co-branded cards can't be changed. I tried to clarify that in the next phrase, but I think I should have just re-done the whole post! Smiley Very Happy (That's one of the reasons I have so many deleted posts.)

eta: I can't get Chase to swap my Borders Visa for love nor money. Smiley Tongue
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-29-2009 04:14 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
mphan
Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
If you don't shop there, it's not worth applying for it and wasting an inquiry. You're better off with a cashback from U.S. Bank if you want to get your foot in the door with them.

My mom shops there. I'll add her as an AU.

Just got an email few minutes ago. My app was approved. EX score is 712.

---------------
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 6 of 9
mphan
Contributor

Just received the card. CL is $4000.Smiley Very Happy APR is 12.24%.
---------------
---------------
Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

mphan wrote:

You're going to have a very happy mom! Smiley Very Happy

--congrats
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mphan wrote:

Wow!!!! $4000  way to go.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.