Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bed Bath and Beyond MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bed Bath and Beyond MC

I received an offer to apply for the BBB MC about 10 days ago. I applied last Friday online and received and screen stating they will make a decision with 7-10 days. The card is issued by US Bank and they tapped my EQ report.

I called1-866-232-3728 yesterday to ask for status and was told I was approved for 5K. Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by Meeky on 11-15-2008 07:23 AM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bed Bath and Beyond MC

Wow, that's a bunch of Calphalon cookware and woven bamboo sheets! Smiley Surprised

Congrats, that's not a card we see talked about here often. I didn't know that US Bank had co-branded store cards. A nice change from GEMB and the other usual players.

Since people will ask, I'll jump the line by asking what your EQ FICO score is, and if you have any baddies, what type, how long ago, and the usual questions. Smiley Wink

eta: for folks who shop a lot at BBB, that 5 points for every dollar spent there is pretty nice.

Bed Bath and Beyond MC

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-15-2008 06:58 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I receive coupons from BBB weekly I thought this would be a good card to have and PIF. The rewards sound pretty spiffy too!

My EQ FICO score is 744 and I have no baddies. I wanted to share my experience with this particular card if anyone else received an offer in the mail. 

Message Edited by Meeky on 11-15-2008 12:58 PM
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so jealous!!!! LOL!!! I love BBB!!!! Congratulations on that generous CL!!!!! I don't receive CC offers anymore because I opted out by mail with the 3 CRA. Enjoy your new BBB card. Judging by your scores, you have earned it!!!!

EQ FICO: 721

Message 4 of 11
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

I got the same offer lol =).  The CL sound great, but my EQ isn't quite in the 700 Club yet.  I'm just not sure how often I would use the card and if it would be worth it to have rewards at BBB.  I shop there periodically to update things in my apartment, but it's more of a seasonal thing lol.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats that is a lot of this and that at BBB.

But here where i live in so cal they seem to be closing. Ive heard rumors of a bk BUT who know's. Check out this article i found.

http://www.chronicconsumer.com/2008/04/30/bed-bath-and-beyond-bankruptcy/

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

cartercorp wrote:

Congrats that is a lot of this and that at BBB.

But here where i live in so cal they seem to be closing. Ive heard rumors of a bk BUT who know's. Check out this article i found.

http://www.chronicconsumer.com/2008/04/30/bed-bath-and-beyond-bankruptcy/

The article you linked to and the comments that follow make it clear that Bed, Bath, and Beyond is NOT filing BK.  That rumor is likely a result of people confusing them with Linens N' Things, yet your comments above make it sound like the rumor might actually be true.

Did you read the article yourself, or just the headline?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheddar

I have seen 2 close here in so cal  one in riverside and one in murrieta

Message Edited by cartercorp on 11-15-2008 11:34 AM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

cartercorp wrote:

Cheddar

I have seen 2 close here in so cal  one in riverside and one in murrieta

Message Edited by cartercorp on 11-15-2008 11:34 AM

Regardless of whether they are closing stores, they are NOT filing BK.

According to their latest 10-Q, they have $299 million in cash on hand and $0 debt.  (That's $0 debt.)

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=BBBY

Companies with $0 debt don't file BK.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheddar

i never said they were nor do i care

nor do i care if they have $10 bilion in cash in hand.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.